1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

How to search by Actor?

Any issues that are tvOS specific
RalphK

How to search by Actor?

Post by RalphK » 27 Apr 2019, 01:41

I have been trying to find all the MrMC movies starring "Clint Eastwood".

If I manually find one movie, like "The Beguiled", then I can show the actors in that movie and click on Clint Eastwood; now all the Clint Eastwood movies will be listed.

However, I am looking for a search screen where I can just type in the name of the actor in order to show all the matching movies. Alternatively, it would be nice to select from a list of all actors in MrMc.

I'm sure that I'm just missing something. I'd appreciate if someone could explain how to do this.

Thanks,
Ralph

Montoya

Re: How to search by Actor?

Post by Montoya » 27 Apr 2019, 11:13

I guess you are not using Opacity skin.

Try that and on MrMC home screen, select arrow left (next to Movies) to show submenu with category list options, like actors. When you have opened the actors list view, you can do a search on actors by swiping left (to open submenu), based on your search query.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 12.3 - Win10 Pro x64 1903 build 18362.145
DVBLink server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic server build 17611 - Emby server build 4.2.0.1 beta

RalphK

Post by RalphK » 28 Apr 2019, 01:54

Thank you.

I switched to the Opacity skin and it works well.

Ralph

Dorney

Post by Dorney » 03 May 2019, 09:05

Where does Opacity pull their data from? Just trying to gauge how accurate their search is.