1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Latest version broke my 2.1 audio (all audio now goes thru the sub-woofer)

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Post Reply
boosh86
Posts: 33
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:16

Latest version broke my 2.1 audio (all audio now goes thru the sub-woofer)

Post by boosh86 » 10 Mar 2019, 09:32

I have a sound bar with a sub-woofer. I’ve always had the audio output configuration in Kodi and MrMC set to 2.1 channels. This has always worked.

Since the latest MrMC update, this is broken on my system. With audio output set to 2.1 channels, the audio now only plays through the sub-woofer and is completely muffled. If I set output to stereo (2 channels), audio plays through the sound bar but the sub-woofer is not used.

So, I don’t know if this is a bug or if there is some new setting I have to toggle.

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3967
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: Latest version broke my 2.1 audio (all audio now goes thru the sub-woofer)

Post by davilla » 10 Mar 2019, 12:08

boosh86 wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 09:32
I have a sound bar with a sub-woofer. I’ve always had the audio output configuration in Kodi and MrMC set to 2.1 channels. This has always worked.

Since the latest MrMC update, this is broken on my system. With audio output set to 2.1 channels, the audio now only plays through the sub-woofer and is completely muffled. If I set output to stereo (2 channels), audio plays through the sound bar but the sub-woofer is not used.

So, I don’t know if this is a bug or if there is some new setting I have to toggle.
debuglog please

boosh86
Posts: 33
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:16

Re: Latest version broke my 2.1 audio (all audio now goes thru the sub-woofer)

Post by boosh86 » 10 Mar 2019, 19:12

davilla wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 12:08
boosh86 wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 09:32
I have a sound bar with a sub-woofer. I’ve always had the audio output configuration in Kodi and MrMC set to 2.1 channels. This has always worked.

Since the latest MrMC update, this is broken on my system. With audio output set to 2.1 channels, the audio now only plays through the sub-woofer and is completely muffled. If I set output to stereo (2 channels), audio plays through the sound bar but the sub-woofer is not used.

So, I don’t know if this is a bug or if there is some new setting I have to toggle.
debuglog please
Here's the debug log, with all the extraneous scanning info removed.

https://pastebin.com/9vHNub7M

Also, were the options to enable/disable AC3 and DTS passthrough removed from MrMC at some point?

boosh86
Posts: 33
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:16

Re: Latest version broke my 2.1 audio (all audio now goes thru the sub-woofer)

Post by boosh86 » 13 Mar 2019, 03:45

Any clues in the debug log?

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3967
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: Latest version broke my 2.1 audio (all audio now goes thru the sub-woofer)

Post by davilla » 13 Mar 2019, 04:49

boosh86 wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 03:45
Any clues in the debug log?
Not yet, on an atmos hunt right now.

And yes, above tvOS 11.2, passthrough is non-functional because apple removed the ability to do passthrough.
So the setting gets hidden to keep new users from getting excited.

User avatar
Montoya
Posts: 345
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 22:46

Re: Latest version broke my 2.1 audio (all audio now goes thru the sub-woofer)

Post by Montoya » 13 Mar 2019, 16:46

davilla wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 04:49
Not yet, on an atmos hunt right now.
This hunt below (from another topic) or some other new and exiting things Atmos related, where most of us are very curious of :roll: ;)
davilla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 15:07
Bjokam wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 14:34
Any update on why this file didnt work?
Block size is different than the others. EAC3/Atmos handling is being refactored to be more robust.
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 12.3 - Win10 Pro x64 1903 build 18362.145
DVBLink server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic server build 17611 - Emby server build 4.2.0.1 beta

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3967
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: Latest version broke my 2.1 audio (all audio now goes thru the sub-woofer)

Post by davilla » 13 Mar 2019, 16:56

Montoya wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 16:46
davilla wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 04:49
Not yet, on an atmos hunt right now.
This hunt below (from another topic) or some other new and exiting things Atmos related, where most of us are very curious of :roll: ;)
davilla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 15:07
Bjokam wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 14:34
Any update on why this file didnt work?
Block size is different than the others. EAC3/Atmos handling is being refactored to be more robust.
Same hunt at above :) Playback is working for that file but I need to fix demuxer packet draining issue, a few seconds is being buffered in the native codec and that's draining audio demuxer down too far for my comfort.

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3967
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: Latest version broke my 2.1 audio (all audio now goes thru the sub-woofer)

Post by davilla » 15 Mar 2019, 15:11

issue verified.

User avatar
davilla
Team MrMC
Posts: 3967
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 17:01

Re: Latest version broke my 2.1 audio (all audio now goes thru the sub-woofer)

Post by davilla » 16 Mar 2019, 14:44

and fixed, collateral from boosting center fix in v3.8.0

boosh86
Posts: 33
Joined: 25 Aug 2016, 17:16

Re: Latest version broke my 2.1 audio (all audio now goes thru the sub-woofer)

Post by boosh86 » 16 Mar 2019, 16:16

davilla wrote:
16 Mar 2019, 14:44
and fixed, collateral from boosting center fix in v3.8.0
Great! Thanks.

Post Reply