1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Come on guys, you removed the skin again??

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Selest

Come on guys, you removed the skin again??

Post by Selest »

I think its called PM3 or something like that, has access to files straight from home screen. Same thing happened last year it got removed for some reason then you put it back in. Its the only reason I bought this app. Please put this skin back in....
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Come on guys, you removed the skin again??

Post by amet »

Pm3hd has come to the end of its useful life, we cannot continue to improve the application with it holding us back.

If you want files on home, mark the source you want to see in home as such from the source context menu.
Selest

Post by Selest »

Exactly how is it holding you back? as far as I can tell the new skin isnt any better. Every time i skip forward 5 second on the siri remote the stupid OSD has to pop up, which means every time I skip it keeps going up and down and up and down and up and down. Its quite annoying. the old PM3 never did that. Was able to skip forward without osd having to pop up everytime.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Hi,

It’s holding us back with home screen dynamic generation, if you would like more technical insight into it I would be happy to provide more code related explanation or you can have a look at our GitHub for changes related to it.

If you are having issues with skins and OSD poping up unexpectedly, I would love to hear more details about it to try to resolve it. To be fair, OSD is not stupid... it just does what we tell it to do :)

Any reason in particular you are not using a native scrubbing on OSD? It’s quite good when using Apple TV Siri remote.
Selest

Post by Selest »

Sorry for my crass commentary, I forward 5-20 seconds at a time, or scrubbing I guess as it maybe called to go thru really long seminar videos, movies ect. old skin didnt bring up the osd every single time one forwards/scrubs ahead in a few seconds in a video. Quite annoying it going up and down for a second every single time I forward, getting in the way of the pic, I mean one doesnt need to know the exact time we are at in a movie or show everything single time we forward past something. I mean I can understand if your trying to find a specific timeframe of the movie. Anyway to hide this osd while skipping forward or downgrade to previous version?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Selest wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 15:39 Sorry for my crass commentary, I forward 5-20 seconds at a time, or scrubbing I guess as it maybe called to go thru really long seminar videos, movies ect. old skin didnt bring up the osd every single time one forwards/scrubs ahead in a few seconds in a video. Quite annoying it going up and down for a second every single time I forward, getting in the way of the pic, I mean one doesnt need to know the exact time we are at in a movie or show everything single time we forward past something. I mean I can understand if your trying to find a specific timeframe of the movie. Anyway to hide this osd while skipping forward or downgrade to previous version?
You can increase the amount of time osd stays active, not in front of it but if memory serves me well it’s in settings-> appearance

My question was , you don’t like the scrubbing feature with Siri remote?
matthijst

Post by matthijst »

Of the new Apple TV layouts I only like the last one, which still uses almost full screen for a list view.
The other 3 take up so much space for images and menus that the list is so small.

Also, would it be possible (or is it possible) to select multiple items for deletions?
jorgo1

Post by jorgo1 »

PM3 was my favourite skin, and the only one I used. It had the best lists, it was clean and clear.

But I guess you guys prefer style over substance. Good luck with that.
Selest

Post by Selest »

I agree, I am so f'ing pissed. Been using the same skin for 4-5 years and they just decide to rip it out from under us?!?!. For what? The black glass skin is useless, this list is transparent and with a white background you cant see shit. The skins seem like they are lagging, skipping thru shows is annoying because one will keep showing a buffer percentage in the middle of the screen for a brief second every single time which is annoying..... and the other skin the osd is bouncing up and down everytime i skip forward........and the last one for some reason needs to show I skipped forward "+00:30" in bold white lettering right in the middle of the screen every time I skip forward 30 seconds.... as if I didnt know. Wish they did the new app as a separate download. Hate to go back to kodi and need a dev licensee
darbar

Post by darbar »

MRMC skin was my favorite skin and the whole reason I purchased the app to begin with. I primarily watch Live TV and the layout and functionality was great. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.