1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby Vision

Any issues that are tvOS specific
sorenat
Posts: 4
Joined: 14 Dec 2018, 13:03

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by sorenat » 16 Dec 2018, 10:33

Grencola wrote:
15 Dec 2018, 19:46
sorenat wrote:
15 Dec 2018, 15:17

Thanks a lot for your help! I did try the parameters on an m2ts file from a Mission Impossible: Fallout rip and have managed successfully produce the mp4 file. Unfortunately, the file is not recognized as DV, but is still playable on my x900f. I had issues with extracting a DV layer (DB Demuxer Pro didn't recognize the DV stream at all and TSMuxer failed all the time until I extracted video streams one at a time) so I have some concerns regarding the quality of that rip. I will try to repeat the results on the Atomic Blonde.
that's weird TSMuxer errors, haven't had any issues yet. if your tv can play the LG test files in DV it should play your new mp4 in DV. yea let me know how atomic blonde goes, and I'll try mi:fallout as well. if it works for you, could you make a clip that mrmc folks can test on their ATV's? :)
While I'm waiting for the Atomic Blonde I did run few experiments with the Skyscraper. First of all TSMuxer extracted all tracks without any issues, which means that my MI:Fallout rip is definitely off. I managed to combine BL and EL+RPU into a single mp4 file, but unfortunately, not into a single video layer:

Video #1
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name : HDR10
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
Codec ID : hev1
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Duration : 1 h 42 min
Bit rate : 69.2 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.348
Stream size : 49.5 GiB (85%)
Default : No
Encoded date : UTC 2018-12-15 19:22:12
Tagged date : UTC 2018-12-15 19:22:12
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level : 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 986 cd/m2
Codec configuration box : hvcC

Video #2
ID : 2
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name : HDR10
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
Dolby Vision : 1.0, dvhe.07.06, EL+RPU
Codec ID : dvhe
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
Duration : 1 h 42 min
Bit rate : 11.2 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.226
Stream size : 8.03 GiB (14%)
Default : No
Encoded date : UTC 2018-12-15 19:22:12
Tagged date : UTC 2018-12-15 19:22:12
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Codec configuration box : hvcC+dvcC

I can play the file with a Sony built-in video app, but it's recognized as HDR10.

I also ran single DV layer LG demos through a media info app and found the following:

ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@Main
Dolby Vision : 1.0, dvhe.05.09, BL+RPU
Codec ID : dvhe
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
Duration : 1 min 16 s
Bit rate : 28.6 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 60.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.057
Stream size : 261 MiB (98%)
Encoded date : UTC 2017-09-19 18:54:04
Tagged date : UTC 2017-09-19 18:54:04
Codec configuration box : hvcC+dvcC

Where the most interesting part is: Dolby Vision: 1.0, dvhe.05.09, BL+RPU

So I tried to repeat the conversion with a different profile (--dv-profile 5) and while I still got 2 video layers, the Dolby vision string looked very similar to that from LG demos (Dolby Vision: 1.0, dvhe.05.03, BL+RPU) and what is even more exciting a Sony built-in video app recognized it as DV! The bad thing is that video was so dim to the point of being unwatchable.

I'm wondering if it's possible to force mp4muxer to produce dvhe.05.09, BL+RPU.

Grencola
Posts: 60
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 03:02

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by Grencola » 16 Dec 2018, 20:02

sorenat wrote:
16 Dec 2018, 10:33

While I'm waiting for the Atomic Blonde I did run few experiments with the Skyscraper. First of all TSMuxer extracted all tracks without any issues, which means that my MI:Fallout rip is definitely off. I managed to combine BL and EL+RPU into a single mp4 file, but unfortunately, not into a single video layer:

Video #1
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name : HDR10
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
Codec ID : hev1
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Duration : 1 h 42 min
Bit rate : 69.2 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.348
Stream size : 49.5 GiB (85%)
Default : No
Encoded date : UTC 2018-12-15 19:22:12
Tagged date : UTC 2018-12-15 19:22:12
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level : 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 986 cd/m2
Codec configuration box : hvcC

Video #2
ID : 2
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name : HDR10
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
Dolby Vision : 1.0, dvhe.07.06, EL+RPU
Codec ID : dvhe
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
Duration : 1 h 42 min
Bit rate : 11.2 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.226
Stream size : 8.03 GiB (14%)
Default : No
Encoded date : UTC 2018-12-15 19:22:12
Tagged date : UTC 2018-12-15 19:22:12
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Codec configuration box : hvcC+dvcC

I can play the file with a Sony built-in video app, but it's recognized as HDR10.
That Skyscraper info looks just like my Atomic Blonde does (dvhe EL), which plays flawlessly on both LG and Vizio TV's, sorry for assuming Sony should be the same. As for your bad mi:fallout, running it through mkvmerge multiplexing should find/fix the errors on the fly and give you a TSMuxeR demuxable file.
sorenat wrote:
16 Dec 2018, 10:33

I also ran single DV layer LG demos through a media info app and found the following:

ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@Main
Dolby Vision : 1.0, dvhe.05.09, BL+RPU
Codec ID : dvhe
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
Duration : 1 min 16 s
Bit rate : 28.6 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 60.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.057
Stream size : 261 MiB (98%)
Encoded date : UTC 2017-09-19 18:54:04
Tagged date : UTC 2017-09-19 18:54:04
Codec configuration box : hvcC+dvcC

Where the most interesting part is: Dolby Vision: 1.0, dvhe.05.09, BL+RPU

So I tried to repeat the conversion with a different profile (--dv-profile 5) and while I still got 2 video layers, the Dolby vision string looked very similar to that from LG demos (Dolby Vision: 1.0, dvhe.05.03, BL+RPU) and what is even more exciting a Sony built-in video app recognized it as DV! The bad thing is that video was so dim to the point of being unwatchable.

I'm wondering if it's possible to force mp4muxer to produce dvhe.05.09, BL+RPU.
I think mp4muxer has preset profiles to choose from as creating your own might require an official Dolby CMU? definitely try every little string you think could work though cuz if you get a single layer file running properly that opens up a plethora of device compatibility, MrMC included. although I still think if you crop a sample of your dual layer mp4 for them to test it might just play. I tried with TSMuxer but when I cropped the movie to 2mins long the output file had no 2nd video track anymore, so not sure what what program is required? you might have better luck :)

exciting times!

Upside-down
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Dec 2018, 05:10

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by Upside-down » 16 Dec 2018, 20:56

Grencola wrote:
16 Dec 2018, 07:54
Upside-down wrote:
16 Dec 2018, 05:16
You can also add the dolby vision layer to MKVs... If you rip your legally purchased 4k bluray with Makemkv using the whole disk option, you can copy the main *.ts file into MKVtoolix and multiplex both video layers, and the Dolby Atmos tracks into a single MKV file. We just need to find someone who can figure out how to merge the two layers together.
when multiplexing your ts file it does add both the BL+EL video track, that's true. However, for some reason it applies the same profile for both layers so the EL also becomes main10@5.1 instead of dvhe, possibly stripping the dv out of it?
I compared the Dolby Vision tracks on both the Valerian 4k bluray .M2TS file, and the re-muxed *.MKV file. The profiles are the same, according to MediaInfo.

From Mediainfo

.M2TS Dolby Vision information
ID : 4117 (0x1015)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name : HDR10
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
Codec ID : 36
Duration : 2h 17mn
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2

.MKV Dolby Vision information
ID : 2
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name : HDR10
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 2h 17mn
Bit rate : 8 257 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.166
Stream size : 7.91 GiB (14%)
Default : No
Forced : No
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2

sorenat
Posts: 4
Joined: 14 Dec 2018, 13:03

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by sorenat » 16 Dec 2018, 22:23

Grencola wrote:
16 Dec 2018, 20:02
sorenat wrote:
16 Dec 2018, 10:33

While I'm waiting for the Atomic Blonde I did run few experiments with the Skyscraper. First of all TSMuxer extracted all tracks without any issues, which means that my MI:Fallout rip is definitely off. I managed to combine BL and EL+RPU into a single mp4 file, but unfortunately, not into a single video layer:

Video #1
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name : HDR10
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
Codec ID : hev1
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Duration : 1 h 42 min
Bit rate : 69.2 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.348
Stream size : 49.5 GiB (85%)
Default : No
Encoded date : UTC 2018-12-15 19:22:12
Tagged date : UTC 2018-12-15 19:22:12
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Content Light Level : 1000 cd/m2
Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 986 cd/m2
Codec configuration box : hvcC

Video #2
ID : 2
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name : HDR10
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
Dolby Vision : 1.0, dvhe.07.06, EL+RPU
Codec ID : dvhe
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
Duration : 1 h 42 min
Bit rate : 11.2 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.226
Stream size : 8.03 GiB (14%)
Default : No
Encoded date : UTC 2018-12-15 19:22:12
Tagged date : UTC 2018-12-15 19:22:12
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
Codec configuration box : hvcC+dvcC

I can play the file with a Sony built-in video app, but it's recognized as HDR10.
That Skyscraper info looks just like my Atomic Blonde does (dvhe EL), which plays flawlessly on both LG and Vizio TV's, sorry for assuming Sony should be the same. As for your bad mi:fallout, running it through mkvmerge multiplexing should find/fix the errors on the fly and give you a TSMuxeR demuxable file.
sorenat wrote:
16 Dec 2018, 10:33

I also ran single DV layer LG demos through a media info app and found the following:

ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@Main
Dolby Vision : 1.0, dvhe.05.09, BL+RPU
Codec ID : dvhe
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
Duration : 1 min 16 s
Bit rate : 28.6 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 60.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.057
Stream size : 261 MiB (98%)
Encoded date : UTC 2017-09-19 18:54:04
Tagged date : UTC 2017-09-19 18:54:04
Codec configuration box : hvcC+dvcC

Where the most interesting part is: Dolby Vision: 1.0, dvhe.05.09, BL+RPU

So I tried to repeat the conversion with a different profile (--dv-profile 5) and while I still got 2 video layers, the Dolby vision string looked very similar to that from LG demos (Dolby Vision: 1.0, dvhe.05.03, BL+RPU) and what is even more exciting a Sony built-in video app recognized it as DV! The bad thing is that video was so dim to the point of being unwatchable.

I'm wondering if it's possible to force mp4muxer to produce dvhe.05.09, BL+RPU.
I think mp4muxer has preset profiles to choose from as creating your own might require an official Dolby CMU? definitely try every little string you think could work though cuz if you get a single layer file running properly that opens up a plethora of device compatibility, MrMC included. although I still think if you crop a sample of your dual layer mp4 for them to test it might just play. I tried with TSMuxer but when I cropped the movie to 2mins long the output file had no 2nd video track anymore, so not sure what what program is required? you might have better luck :)

exciting times!
Exciting times, indeed!:) I will keep experimenting, but I'm afraid, as you mentioned earlier, creating a singe layer might require a Dolby CMU.

I'm note sure how I can cut a big file into peaces without loosing internal structures (layers/tracks).

Grencola
Posts: 60
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 03:02

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by Grencola » 17 Dec 2018, 14:22

Upside-down wrote:
16 Dec 2018, 20:56
I compared the Dolby Vision tracks on both the Valerian 4k bluray .M2TS file, and the re-muxed *.MKV file. The profiles are the same, according to MediaInfo.

From Mediainfo

.M2TS Dolby Vision information
ID : 4117 (0x1015)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name : HDR10
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
Codec ID : 36
Duration : 2h 17mn
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2

.MKV Dolby Vision information
ID : 2
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name : HDR10
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 2h 17mn
Bit rate : 8 257 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.166
Stream size : 7.91 GiB (14%)
Default : No
Forced : No
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
the codec id changed though, which has me worried. I'll try making a couple mp4s from mkv and test them, but I have my doubts..

Grencola
Posts: 60
Joined: 25 Feb 2018, 03:02

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by Grencola » 17 Dec 2018, 14:33

Hey, so the 2nd-gen Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k supports Dolby Vision in the same way the ATV 4k does (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Side-loaded Vudu apps, etc). Has anyone tried the LG DV test files using MrMC on it? I feel they may work as well.

Since these new mp4s can only do dd+ audio at best anyway, if they do indeed work with MrMC, one could save a hundred bux going with the FTV Stick 4k over ATV 4k.

higher
Posts: 18
Joined: 09 Dec 2015, 16:53

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by higher » 19 Dec 2018, 12:43

There's a new build of x265 available (2.9+14) with the following changelog:

- added support for Dolby Vision profile 5
- added support for Dolby Vision RPU muxing (If given, x265's Dolby Vision metadata parser will fill the RPU field of input pictures with the metadata read from the file. The library will interleave access units with RPUs in the bitstream.)

Dunno what it means for the future. :)

User avatar
loekf2
Posts: 111
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 09:48

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by loekf2 » 20 Dec 2018, 21:22

higher wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 12:43
There's a new build of x265 available (2.9+14) with the following changelog:

- added support for Dolby Vision profile 5
- added support for Dolby Vision RPU muxing (If given, x265's Dolby Vision metadata parser will fill the RPU field of input pictures with the metadata read from the file. The library will interleave access units with RPUs in the bitstream.)

Dunno what it means for the future. :)
AFAIK, level 5 means 4K resolution with a bit rate of 20-70 Mbps... fits 4K Blurays I would say. Dunno if that means x265 will fetch metadata from a 2nd HD stream or from within the stream itself, like the ATV.
AppleTV 4K 64GB, 2nd Apple TV 4 as Homekit hub, NVidia Shield ATV

barong
Posts: 77
Joined: 07 Nov 2017, 07:33

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by barong » 20 Dec 2018, 23:49

loekf2 wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 21:22
higher wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 12:43
There's a new build of x265 available (2.9+14) with the following changelog:

- added support for Dolby Vision profile 5
- added support for Dolby Vision RPU muxing (If given, x265's Dolby Vision metadata parser will fill the RPU field of input pictures with the metadata read from the file. The library will interleave access units with RPUs in the bitstream.)

Dunno what it means for the future. :)
AFAIK, level 5 means 4K resolution with a bit rate of 20-70 Mbps... fits 4K Blurays I would say. Dunno if that means x265 will fetch metadata from a 2nd HD stream or from within the stream itself, like the ATV.
Think it is referring to DV Profile 5 (ie single layer):
https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologie ... levels.pdf

Pretty sure dvhe.05 is what Apple TV uses for Dolby Vision.

M1K43LHC
Posts: 1
Joined: 21 Dec 2018, 18:40

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by M1K43LHC » 21 Dec 2018, 18:46

Hey, it is awesome to see all the advances about Dolby vision files.
I would like to know if someone can explain hot to mux my 3 files into one. I have read that Dolby MP4Remux should be used to so, but I don't know how to use that tool. It would be awesome if anybody can share a kind of well explained tutorial about this tool with pictures or a video.

kind regards.

Post Reply