1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby Vision

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Grencola

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by Grencola » 03 Mar 2019, 06:00

sm0ke83 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 14:02
Thnx for the update! Will try within a few days (little time at the moment).
I used your commands from the m2ts.cmd manually, since I prefer using 2 disks (one for read, one for write). Also found workaround for smb-share: Just map networkdrive in explorer :P
In my case remuxed mkv's (with DV layer) stutters continiously, the output file is not viewable at all. When using m2ts file with same movie (Blu-ray release with DV-layer, not remux with DV-layer), output works like a charm.
Also tried creating different files using different DV-profiles (using the --dv-profile option), but ouput files are all the same??
Wanted to try profile 8, as it is supposed to be single layer and closest to profile 7 (according to Dolby documentation, page 9).

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologie ... levels.pdf

Thnx & Keep up the good work!
yeah mapping network drive is a quick fix, I could add the pushd command to but i changed my code to not need forfiles command :) I had a feeling the few people saying full uhd mkv remux converted to mp4 works fine were mistaken. I made a few, and tomb raider actually seems to be working ok with no stutters but i feel as though the colors are off and I don't have my original anymore lol. I'll test some more soon. maybe try another mkv just in case?

ryu4000

Post by ryu4000 » 03 Mar 2019, 06:38

Grencola wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 05:53
ryu4000 wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 00:07
We get it right in due time.New update this one does like the first one did me it opens then quickly close the dos window.It renames the movie to movie but after that stays as mkv no mp4 output.
are you sure you downloaded the latest one? because I just tried it and it worked perfectly. took about 1h 12m. to minimize confusion I replaced all instances of the app's url in my comments with the latest version.
Do i need to download anything else with your script? I try the one you recently linked.I did like it says to do go install to your mkv file dir. Ran it as admin and everything. I'm on windows 10

Grencola

Post by Grencola » 03 Mar 2019, 06:57

ryu4000 wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 06:38
Do i need to download anything else with your script? I try the one you recently linked.I did like it says to do go install to your mkv file dir. Ran it as admin and everything. I'm on windows 10
nah man, that's it. I re-downloaded it from the link provided and tried it once more and it works with no issues for me on win 8, I also tried my win 7 laptop. I don't see why win 10 would have any problems. I'll check if any of the dos commands I use are no longer supported, but I doubt it.

If you don't mind, run the exe again and once all the files are in your movie folder open a command prompt in that directory and type mkv.cmd and you'll be able to read the error that you're getting. let me know.

sm0ke83

Post by sm0ke83 » 05 Mar 2019, 09:54

Grencola wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 06:00
sm0ke83 wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 14:02
Thnx for the update! Will try within a few days (little time at the moment).
I used your commands from the m2ts.cmd manually, since I prefer using 2 disks (one for read, one for write). Also found workaround for smb-share: Just map networkdrive in explorer :P
In my case remuxed mkv's (with DV layer) stutters continiously, the output file is not viewable at all. When using m2ts file with same movie (Blu-ray release with DV-layer, not remux with DV-layer), output works like a charm.
Also tried creating different files using different DV-profiles (using the --dv-profile option), but ouput files are all the same??
Wanted to try profile 8, as it is supposed to be single layer and closest to profile 7 (according to Dolby documentation, page 9).

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/technologie ... levels.pdf

Thnx & Keep up the good work!
yeah mapping network drive is a quick fix, I could add the pushd command to but i changed my code to not need forfiles command :) I had a feeling the few people saying full uhd mkv remux converted to mp4 works fine were mistaken. I made a few, and tomb raider actually seems to be working ok with no stutters but i feel as though the colors are off and I don't have my original anymore lol. I'll test some more soon. maybe try another mkv just in case?
Colors seem off indeed. Good it's not just me, also had this impression (even though I use only m2ts). But I'm not even sure the colors from Original source are accurate, when playing from my Minix NEO U9-H (so only base layer/HDR/non-DV). Also tried Tomb Raider, looks nice (LG says it's DV). But I wonder if there is any noticeable difference between HDR and DV version. Will try within a few days: Difference betreen those two (same source full Blu-ray) direct stream to LG and play from Minix. Maybe even the 1080P full Blu-ray.

Grencola

Post by Grencola » 05 Mar 2019, 17:47

sm0ke83 wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 09:54
Colors seem off indeed. Good it's not just me, also had this impression (even though I use only m2ts). But I'm not even sure the colors from Original source are accurate, when playing from my Minix NEO U9-H (so only base layer/HDR/non-DV). Also tried Tomb Raider, looks nice (LG says it's DV). But I wonder if there is any noticeable difference between HDR and DV version. Will try within a few days: Difference betreen those two (same source full Blu-ray) direct stream to LG and play from Minix. Maybe even the 1080P full Blu-ray.
I meant the colors seemed off only when trying an mp4 that's been made from an mkv. trying an mp4 made from an m2ts looks identical to the source m2ts used (so hdr10), and identical to the actual disc in dolby vision as well. I still want to test more mkv's though, as the one I used might have corrupted frames.

Grencola

Post by Grencola » 07 Mar 2019, 04:21

I've updated my program to be smarter. I combined the two apps into one, and named it DV-MP4-Maker. It now checks for the file type (m2ts or mkv) in the chosen directory and runs the required script. Silly I didn't think of that before. I also cleaned up a lot of the code since I'm getting fairly acquainted with dos now, lol.

link: https://bit.ly/2WbHZR0

cheers! :)
Last edited by Grencola on 19 Mar 2019, 04:31, edited 4 times in total.

ryu4000

Post by ryu4000 » 07 Mar 2019, 07:52

Grencola wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 04:21
I've updated my program to be smarter. I combined the two apps into one, and named it DV-MP4-Maker. It now checks for the file type (m2ts or mkv) in the chosen directory and runs the required script. Silly I didn't think of that before. I also cleaned up a lot of the code since I'm getting fairly acquainted with dos now, lol.

link: https://bit.ly/2XIIovJ

What does this error suppose to mean?

Found MKV File! Extracting tracks, please wait (approx. 30 mins)...
MKV, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 16 subtitle tracks, 2:00:03, 24p /1.001
1: h265/HEVC, 2160p24 /1.001 (16:9), 10 bits
2: TrueHD (Atmos), English, 7.1 channels, 48kHz
"TrueHD Atmos 7.1"
3: AC3 EX, English, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48kHz
"AC-3 5.1-EX"
4: Subtitle (PGS), English, "English (SDH)"
5: Subtitle (PGS), Arabic, "Arabic"
6: Subtitle (PGS), Chinese, "Chinese (Traditional)"
7: Subtitle (PGS), Chinese, "Chinese (Cantonese)"
8: Subtitle (PGS), Czech, "Czech"
9: Subtitle (PGS), Danish, "Danish"
10: Subtitle (PGS), Finnish, "Finnish"
11: Subtitle (PGS), French, "French"
12: Subtitle (PGS), Japanese, "Japanese"
13: Subtitle (PGS), Korean, "Korean"
14: Subtitle (PGS), Norwegian, "Norwegian"
15: Subtitle (PGS), Polish, "Polish"
16: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese, "Portuguese (Brazilian)"
17: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish, "Spanish (Latin American)"
18: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish, "Spanish (Castilian)"
19: Subtitle (PGS), Swedish, "Swedish"
This audio conversion is not supported.
Muxing tracks to MP4, please wait (approx. 45 mins)...
ERROR! Can't open input file: bl.hevc
Error parsing command line!
The syntax of the command is incorrect.
Cleaning up temp files... Done!
Process Complete! Enjoy :)
Press any key to continue . . .

Grencola

Post by Grencola » 07 Mar 2019, 14:20

ryu4000 wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 07:52
Grencola wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 04:21

link: https://bit.ly/2WbHZR0

What does this error suppose to mean?

Found MKV File! Extracting tracks, please wait (approx. 30 mins)...
MKV, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 16 subtitle tracks, 2:00:03, 24p /1.001
1: h265/HEVC, 2160p24 /1.001 (16:9), 10 bits
2: TrueHD (Atmos), English, 7.1 channels, 48kHz
"TrueHD Atmos 7.1"
3: AC3 EX, English, 5.1 channels, 448kbps, 48kHz
"AC-3 5.1-EX"
4: Subtitle (PGS), English, "English (SDH)"
5: Subtitle (PGS), Arabic, "Arabic"
6: Subtitle (PGS), Chinese, "Chinese (Traditional)"
7: Subtitle (PGS), Chinese, "Chinese (Cantonese)"
8: Subtitle (PGS), Czech, "Czech"
9: Subtitle (PGS), Danish, "Danish"
10: Subtitle (PGS), Finnish, "Finnish"
11: Subtitle (PGS), French, "French"
12: Subtitle (PGS), Japanese, "Japanese"
13: Subtitle (PGS), Korean, "Korean"
14: Subtitle (PGS), Norwegian, "Norwegian"
15: Subtitle (PGS), Polish, "Polish"
16: Subtitle (PGS), Portuguese, "Portuguese (Brazilian)"
17: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish, "Spanish (Latin American)"
18: Subtitle (PGS), Spanish, "Spanish (Castilian)"
19: Subtitle (PGS), Swedish, "Swedish"
This audio conversion is not supported.
Muxing tracks to MP4, please wait (approx. 45 mins)...
ERROR! Can't open input file: bl.hevc
Error parsing command line!
Cleaning up temp files... Done!
Process Complete! Enjoy :)
Press any key to continue . . .
It's because the mkv file you're trying is from a movie that is NOT in dolby vision. it can't create a dv mp4 without the dolby vision layer.

I'll add some code to check the layers after demuxing and if no dv is present it will prompt you that dv is missing and exit properly without any confusing errors - thx for the idea! :)

check here for a list of dv movies: https://www.nextgenhometheater.com/dolb ... ay-movies/

I'll also update the startup page to specify the m2ts / mkv remux needs to be from a movie that was released in DV to continue.
Last edited by Grencola on 19 Mar 2019, 04:31, edited 2 times in total.

Grencola

Post by Grencola » 08 Mar 2019, 05:21

Done and Done! It now says to make sure it's a DV file before you even start, but if you don't heed that warning, it also checks the demuxed tracks and if no dv layer is present it prompts you and exits instead of trying it anyway with mass errors. hopefully it's totally done now! :D

https://bit.ly/2WbHZR0
Last edited by Grencola on 19 Mar 2019, 04:31, edited 3 times in total.

ryu4000

Post by ryu4000 » 08 Mar 2019, 19:08

It works now just need to figure a way to bring true hd atmos to eacs atmos.