1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby Vision

Any issues that are tvOS specific
timstephens24

Re: Dolby Vision

Post by timstephens24 » 20 Feb 2019, 16:35

Grencola wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 14:36
I'd love to know if these mp4's work with MrMC on Apple TV 4k
Why haven't you tried it?
Apple TV 4K / NVIDIA Shield -> Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C6P
Channels DVR w/ HDHomeRun Connect Quattro
Patiently Testing all the things // Multiple other devices
##### SYNOLOGY 1815+ #####

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 20 Feb 2019, 17:46

Grencola wrote:
I made a little program using winrar-sfx. It's a fully automated one-click method to make a dv mp4. I wanted a quick and easy solution so people don't need to download and learn 3 different programs and waste time with gui's demuxing / remuxing / converting audio, etc.

I made one for both m2ts and mkv input files. m2ts-mp4 works perfectly on the TV via usb. I haven't tried playing a DV mp4 from an mkv on the TV yet, but the output mediainfo seems identical and I've read some people had it working, so it's worth testing out. and no, there's no malware (you can literally just open it with winrar instead and extract it all to your video file's folder then run the .cmd if you don't trust me).

you can point it to a full uhd bd folder (\bdmv\streams\) as I have it set to find the largest video file and use that, but putting your desired m2ts / mkv file into its own folder is best.

let me know what you think, and what I should add/change. I'm not the greatest programmer as you can probably see from my code, so all tweaks are welcome. perhaps adding batch support for multiple movies, or keeping the original movie filenames etc? it all requires variables I haven't quite learned yet :)

I'd love to know if these mp4's work with MrMC on Apple TV 4k, so I thought by making this app it could bring more testers to the table that were struggling before.

cheers!

m2ts to mp4: https://bit.ly/2TX4yYW

mkv to mp4: https://bit.ly/2EhJwi3
source code ?

Grencola

Post by Grencola » 21 Feb 2019, 00:20

timstephens24 wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 16:35
Grencola wrote:
I'd love to know if these mp4's work with MrMC on Apple TV 4k
Why haven't you tried it?
I need to get a new ATV 4k so i can't test just yet.

Grencola

Post by Grencola » 21 Feb 2019, 00:28

davilla wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 17:46
source code ?
it's not a 'program' persay, it's just a self-extracting winrar archive that automatically executes my .cmd script. it just makes me use the .exe extension.
I guess to see the 'source code' just open it with winrar, and you'll see the comment text there, plus open the .cmd file with notepad for that code. the rest is just the files it needs to do the job.

sm0ke83

Post by sm0ke83 » 22 Feb 2019, 20:16

Don’t own a AppleTV, but can confirm it works on my LG tv. Also when streaming with dlna from my nas (omv). Have other media player (Minix Neo U9-H), doesn’t seem to work with the device.
BUT... Big thanks for the script/tools!
Hope someone can make the tools a bit more practical...
But conversion to 1 video stream would be best for everyone I guess.

Grencola

Post by Grencola » 22 Feb 2019, 20:24

sm0ke83 wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 20:16
Don’t own a AppleTV, but can confirm it works on my LG tv. Also when streaming with dlna from my nas (omv). Have other media player (Minix Neo U9-H), doesn’t seem to work with the device.
did you try my lil program? it's literally one click! browse to the folder of your video file and hit install. that's it that's all :)

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 22 Feb 2019, 20:38

Your 'app" still retains two video streams and does not merge them into one. As such, any media processed by them will not play on MrMC. Details on merging the two are still unknown.

sm0ke83

Post by sm0ke83 » 22 Feb 2019, 23:02

Grencola wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 20:24
sm0ke83 wrote:
did you try my lil program? it's literally one click! browse to the folder of your video file and hit install. that's it that's all :)
Yes i did, thnx for it! Only thing is it doesn't work over samba share (DL on my NAS). So first have to copy to local drive, run the exe (and copy back to NAS). Source and destination option would be nice too. I haven't had time to look into it, plus my scripting-/programming skills are very poor.

Grencola

Post by Grencola » 23 Feb 2019, 02:58

sm0ke83 wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 23:02
Grencola wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 20:24
sm0ke83 wrote:
Yes i did, thnx for it! Only thing is it doesn't work over samba share (DL on my NAS). So first have to copy to local drive, run the exe (and copy back to NAS). Source and destination option would be nice too. I haven't had time to look into it, plus my scripting-/programming skills are very poor.
I'll fix the smb issue when I get back home. it's because I used the forfiles command which doesn't work over network share, but it's more 'neat' than necessary. thanks for trying it out!

Grencola

Post by Grencola » 23 Feb 2019, 03:00

davilla wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 20:38
Your 'app" still retains two video streams and does not merge them into one. As such, any media processed by them will not play on MrMC. Details on merging the two are still unknown.
this is true, it does not. I wasn't sure if dual layer played on MrMC though now that they're mp4 instead of mkv. I can make it single layer DV profile 5.1 but I'm pretty sure those who tried ended up with that weird green color error :/