1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Youtube Add-on

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
bleomycin

Re: Youtube Add-on

Post by bleomycin » 20 Jul 2017, 02:11

davilla wrote:
18 Feb 2017, 15:17
timstephens24 wrote:Is there a way to use the YouTube apps on the devices?
Depends, on android one could send an intent with url to open. but that would leave you in the YouTube app instead of auto returning to MrMC after the item plays. iOS/tvOS did at one time have a way do the same but all attempts to do this have failed, something changed or it is no longer supported in the YouTube app.
Is it safe to say that in-app youtube support is probably never coming? Unfortunately at least 50% of my kodi usage is youtube, switching to the built in android youtube app is a pain and the interface is worse.

davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla » 20 Jul 2017, 12:22

Youtube support is a difficult one. While technically possible (with a bit of work), adding in-app support for youtube would violate their TOS big time. This presents a problem with Apple/Amazon stores as both require permission to access 3rd party content. Google Play store just does not care as they are more interested in tracking data.

Kodi has Youtube support but they are flying under the radar and assuming that just because they are open source and free, they can do it. But, doing that is no better than the pirate addon mess they currently face. Sooner or later, someone will come after them.

So, unless Youtube changes their policy and provides a public API for access, not possible at the current time.

MsMraz

Post by MsMraz » 04 Feb 2019, 03:33

I found a solution to playing Trailers seamlessly on MrMC (Fire TV Stick 4k) which works about as well as the Kodi YouTube add-on.

Go to Aptoid and look for YouTube for Android TV. Then click on Other Versions and go down to the second oldest, 1.05.5, from July 14, 2016. Install it and it will appear on the Home screen (the icon of 1.05.5 has red background, the latest version is white).

Version 1.05.5 works close to perfectly with the Trailers button in MrMC: there is no splash screen (although the controls appear for a couple of seconds) and it goes straight to full screen.

Most importantly, pressing the Back button on the remote takes you straight back to the MrMC movie info screen. No other version of any YouTube app I have found does this.

Phew! Now I am finally happy with MrMC!

P.S. I don't believe mentioning Aptoid here should cause problems, but let me know if it's against the rules for some reason.