1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Youtube Add-on

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
Holger

Youtube Add-on

Post by Holger »

I want to request integration of the Youtube Add-on.

Reason

For movies it is possible to get additional movie information in the options. For many movies there is a link to a trailer. This link fails in MrMC because it requires the youtube add-on.

For good reason there no user installed add-ons anymore. So please integrate Youtube add-on as standard.

Thanks

Holger
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Youtube Add-on

Post by davilla »

how above a vector to youtube app ?
Holger

Post by Holger »

davilla wrote:how above a vector to youtube app ?
Why not...as long as I am back again in MrMC Movie Information if I am leaving Youtube App it's fine for me :)
jbennett

Post by jbennett »

Holger wrote:I want to request integration of the Youtube Add-on.
Seconded.

The (broken) link to movie trailers seems to be a good example of one of many "phantom limbs" left in MrMC - exposed user interfaces to features that were rendered non-functional or completely gone when stripping out the verboten bits of Kodi (user plug-ins, etc).

I presume an ongoing goal of MrMC's refinement going forward will be to either add/fix missing/broken functionality wherever feasible, or at least remove or hide these "orphaned" UI references to avoid confusion?

Thanks!
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Another path to youtube access has opened up. Stay tuned, work in progress as we say.
bleomycin

Post by bleomycin »

davilla wrote:Another path to youtube access has opened up. Stay tuned, work in progress as we say.
This is excellent. I registered just to say youtube is the one major feature I use the crap out of and currently keeps me away from MrMC.
bleomycin

Post by bleomycin »

davilla wrote:Another path to youtube access has opened up. Stay tuned, work in progress as we say.
Was just curious if this is still being worked on?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

bleomycin wrote:
Was just curious if this is still being worked on?
Yes but along yet another different path.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Is there a way to use the YouTube apps on the devices?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

timstephens24 wrote:Is there a way to use the YouTube apps on the devices?
Depends, on android one could send an intent with url to open. but that would leave you in the YouTube app instead of auto returning to MrMC after the item plays. iOS/tvOS did at one time have a way do the same but all attempts to do this have failed, something changed or it is no longer supported in the YouTube app.