1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

TVHeadend HTSP Client update

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
mderksen

TVHeadend HTSP Client update

Post by mderksen » 21 Feb 2019, 18:30

Hi, is it possible to update the TVHeadend HTSP Client?

Current version in MrMC = 2.2.20
Current version today = 4.4.14

I'm using MrMC on an AppleTV 4K. I really love MrMC and even convinced others to use this app on their AppleTV.

The client is 2 major versions behind and there are a lot of fixes between these releases. Could you please update the TVHeadend client?

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts

Thanks in advance. Keep up the good work.

amet
Team MrMC

Re: TVHeadend HTSP Client update

Post by amet » 21 Feb 2019, 18:40

4.* versions that are used in Kodi are not compatible with the pvr manager that’s in MrMC.

We are looking into it and hopefully we can bring it up to date.

What is it that you are missing since I use tvheadend daily and see no issues or missing features on my side?

mderksen

Post by mderksen » 24 Feb 2019, 10:47

amet wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 18:40
4.* versions that are used in Kodi are not compatible with the pvr manager that’s in MrMC.

We are looking into it and hopefully we can bring it up to date.

What is it that you are missing since I use tvheadend daily and see no issues or missing features on my side?
Hello amet, thank you for your fast reply and sorry for my late reaction. I use it also daily and i'm experiencing the following;

- Sometimes when opening a channel, only sound is starting, not the video. Stopping the channel and reopening shows video and audio.

- After a certain time the channel pauses and looks like it is buffering. On the back-end i have enable "restart on error". I think this settings kicks in because after a few seconds after the pause the audio is getting back but the video is frozen. Reopening the channel works.

The tvheadend server is the latest. I even tried to pipe the streaming mpegts with the latest ffmpeg with bufsize and maxrate. I cannot tell if this seems to work better. Looks the same when i'm using the direct mpegts url. For the record. In VLC it works like a charm. So probably updating the client might work for me and maybe others?

amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet » 24 Feb 2019, 12:12

maybe a debuglog will show what's going on, like I said we are looking into bumping the whole PVR engine to the latest

SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF » 25 Feb 2019, 15:42

Does timeshift work for you if you rewind? For me it doesn't work. It just skips randomly.

mderksen

Post by mderksen » 27 Feb 2019, 12:16

SUPERBIF wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 15:42
Does timeshift work for you if you rewind? For me it doesn't work. It just skips randomly.
Pause works on live channels. I can do timeshift on recorded shows. It also works when i record a show and join the channel during the show. I can rewind to the time when the recording started. I don't think i can rewind live but when i pause i can forward.

The Apple remote is crappy when using timeshift. I use an alternative app on the mobile; Kodi Remote. Works like a charm with timeshift.

SUPERBIF

Post by SUPERBIF » 28 Feb 2019, 18:25

Thanks. My problem is when I pause live TV and afterwards rewind it that's when it goes bananas.

mderksen

Post by mderksen » 06 Mar 2019, 08:08

amet wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 12:12
maybe a debuglog will show what's going on, like I said we are looking into bumping the whole PVR engine to the latest
Hello amat, with the latest mrmc update on the AppleTV it looks like the connection with tvheadend looks more stable. Normally within 1 hour a channel is buffering and stuttering but with the latest update i didn't had any issues yet. Looks stable (even when the htsp client is not updated). I'll keep testing :D

mm5533

Post by mm5533 » 08 Mar 2019, 18:17

Hey, I'd really like to see pvr.hts 4.14.0 in mrmc, as there are several fixes which makes timeshift with tvheadend at least a bit stable and useable!

Thanks!!!

mm5533

Post by mm5533 » 19 Mar 2019, 08:39

Any News in here?

The rewind of timeshift is just crappy. In Kodi 18 it works like a charm.
Is there really no way to updatet the pvr.hts? 2.2.20 is very old an instable!