1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

[REQUEST] Missing Movies Scanner  [SOLVED]

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
wgstarks

[REQUEST] Missing Movies Scanner

Post by wgstarks »

I haven’t found this functionality in MrMC and I’m hoping it can be added.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Missing_Movie_Scanner
Last edited by wgstarks on 15 Jan 2019, 16:22, edited 2 times in total.
________

Walter
eazytv

Re: Missing Movies Scanner  [SOLVED]

Post by eazytv »

And what is the purpose of it?

AFAIR there is an option within MrMC to add a file which was not scraped to the library anyway. Or is there something with this add-on I am missing here?
wgstarks

Re: Missing Movies Scanner

Post by wgstarks »

It shows movies on the server that failed to get scraped into the mrmc library. I know I have several movies that UMS almost always has problems with the first time and with almost 2500 videos it can be a problem trying to identify 2 or 3 that are missing.
________

Walter
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

So just like I said. There is an option to show movies as files that failed to get scraped. No need for an add-on.
wgstarks

Post by wgstarks »

So then how do I get mrmc to show the files that failed to get scraped? I’ve been all through the menus and found a file viewer but don’t see any way to filter for unscraped files. It just shows me all the files.
________

Walter
wgstarks

Re: Missing Movies Scanner [not solved]

Post by wgstarks »

eazytv wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 04:28 And what is the purpose of it?

AFAIR there is an option within MrMC to add a file which was not scraped to the library anyway. Or is there something with this add-on I am missing here?
To be clear, the purpose of this extension is not to add files but not scrape them. It is to identify files that the scraper failed to scrape so that the user can take whatever corrective action is necessary to resolve the problem with that file.
________

Walter
eazytv

Re: [REQUEST] Missing Movies Scanner

Post by eazytv »

OK, now I got it. :-) No idea if MrMC has an option for how to solve this.

What are set-up are you using? If you utilize a SQL database you can filter for empty descriptions/fields and by doing this you will find the files that failed to be scraped. Or you might want to use an external scraper on your Win/Mac to test the files. Yeah I know - it's one more way to go, sort of a detour but you need a Win/Mac to rename files anyway after you find out which files were unsuccessful.
wgstarks

Re: [REQUEST] Missing Movies Scanner

Post by wgstarks »

Thanks. I think I can find them. I was just requesting the extension (as directed by @davilla in a recent blog post) because I think it really simplifies the process.
________

Walter