1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Obviously useful addons

there is zero(0) promises that any of the requests will be fulfilled or even looked at
rodalpho

Obviously useful addons

Post by rodalpho »

These are obviously useful from their names alone, no need to explain further!

1) Keymap editor
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

2) Backup
https://kodi.wiki/view/add-on:backup
jkhabe

Re: Obviously useful addons

Post by jkhabe »

I would be another person greatly in favor of either adding a "backup" function directly into Mr.MC (as it is in KODI) or including backup ability via the "Backup" app.

I don't want to do a MySQL database installation but, it would be very beneficial to be able to periodically do a full backup (I'm on ATV 4K) to a folder in my NAS in the event of losing my ATV and having to replace.

I've tried doing an XML backup as a single file but, it never works correctly and imports my sort renaming for my files. Doing a separate file backup works but, I really don't want 8,000 .jpg, .nfo and .actor files mixed in with my movies and TV files. The ability to do a backup and have everything saved to a single folder would be fantastic!

Otherwise, loving MR.MC on my AppleTV 4K. Got tired of using Android based devices, either not having proper auto-resolution change on most devices, no passthrough on some and not having HDR on most. Since I was already using an AppleTV 4K for my TV via DirectvNow, Mr.MC allows me to eliminate one device from my system (was using on Odroid C2). Nice work!!

habe
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

What is the reason for refraining from a SQL database on your NAS but utilizing a backup to your NAS?
jkhabe

Post by jkhabe »

Where is all the KODI/Mr.MC data for the SQL database kept? i.e. fanart.jpg, poster.jpg, .actor.jpg, .nfo, etc?

Is the data kept in the individual movie, TV, music file folders or, is all the data stored in a separate MySQL folder/area?
rodalpho

Post by rodalpho »

eazytv wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 03:56 What is the reason for refraining from a SQL database on your NAS but utilizing a backup to your NAS?
They're completely different things. One requires you to run, maintain, and update a MySQL DB to hold your live library in a centralized location. That isn't a backup at all. The other is, well, backups. Not live, and contains a lot more than just the library.

@jkhabe: They're still kept with your media, the library just has pointers to those files.
jkhabe

Post by jkhabe »

rodalpho wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 15:34
eazytv wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 03:56 What is the reason for refraining from a SQL database on your NAS but utilizing a backup to your NAS?
They're completely different things. One requires you to run, maintain, and update a MySQL DB to hold your live library in a centralized location. That isn't a backup at all. The other is, well, backups. Not live, and contains a lot more than just the library.

@jkhabe: They're still kept with your media, the library just has pointers to those files.
@Rodalpho: After researching MySQL use, I understand that all of the .jpg and .nfo files are kept in the respective folders along with the media and only the database is centralized.

In reference to the question of not running a MySQL database:

I have over 2,000 movies, no idea how many albums and whatever TV shows are in rotation on my server. If I do a separate file export from KODI/Mr.MC, I end up adding probably another 8,000 - 10,000 files to my media directories just for movies alone. I do not want all those extra files cluttering up my media folders which, is why I would like to have the ability to do a periodic "backup" to a self-specified folder. If, in the event of losing a device, it would be super easy to restore all of my data and associated support files just like the "Backup" addon already does.

If backup is not ever supported/added, I might look into writing a script that would allow me to use the separate file export function in MR.MC I don't care about device settings being saved as that set-up is pretty quick). I could do a separate-export, run the script which would then create mirror media directories in a designated folder and, automatically move all of the .jpg and .nfo files to those directories leaving just the media files in the original directories. Has anyone ever heard of that being already done by someone?

habe
rodalpho

Post by rodalpho »

Not sure what you mean by extra files? If you don't use a centralized MySQL DB, your library is kept locally in Userdata/Database in files like MyVideos107.db and Textures13.db. These are SQLite DBs. If you just want to export your library, I know Kodi has an export library function, I'm sure MRMC does too but I don't have it running in front of me. Anyway, the Backup addon does a lot more than that, it also backs up your settings, playlists, addon data, etc.
jkhabe

Post by jkhabe »

rodalpho wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 15:00 Not sure what you mean by extra files? If you don't use a centralized MySQL DB, your library is kept locally in Userdata/Database in files like MyVideos107.db and Textures13.db. These are SQLite DBs. If you just want to export your library, I know Kodi has an export library function, I'm sure MRMC does too but I don't have it running in front of me. Anyway, the Backup addon does a lot more than that, it also backs up your settings, playlists, addon data, etc.
Ok, since I have never setup KODI/MR.MC to run off a MySQL database, maybe I'm a little confused as to where supporting files are kept.

If no export is ever performed, all file .jpg's (fan art, posters, actor thumbs), nfo's, etc are stored locally, on each device in use. When I referred to "extra files" I was referring to all of thse .jpg's and .nfo files that are created for each media file and are saved in the respective files original folder when you do a "separate file" XML export (I've tried "single XML file and it does not sort the files correctly that have been sort-named). So, if I run an XML export using "separate files", thousands of individual files are saved to my media folders and I do not want that. I want to keep my folders clean and would like the jpg's and NFO's saved elsewhere. That is what the "Backup" addon does when it creates a backup.

It is my understanding that using MySQL only centrally saves the database info and not all of the additional .jpg and nfo's for every file. Is that correct or, am I misunderstood on that? If MySQL saves the jpg's and nfo files centrally, and not in the media folders, I will migrate to it....

BTW, MR.MC and Kodi both have XML import built in. Only Kodi has backup built in but, the backups are saved to the devices internal storage. If you want to specify a folder, you have to use the "Backup" addon.

Thanks for the replies,

Jeff
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

essentially there is no difference between mysql and sqlite(internal) databases, benefit of MySQL database is with multiple MrMC(or Kodi) setups and on AppleTV as the underlying OS sometimes decides to delete Cache from under us if its running out of space... its crap but thats how Apple does it, if that happens, you loose your Library and it needs to be setup again :(

all thumbs and fan art are stored in the Thumbnail folder internally, if you ever decide to backup/export database you are presented with 2 choices

1. store it all in one file, where the database will back itself up into one huge XML and all supporting files(thumbs , posters, fan art) would be copied there

2. one I prefer to use, is to backup each library entry individually, what it actually does is it finds relevant artwork in Thumbnail folder and copies it over next to the movie, and creates "nfo" file that has all library entries like description, rating, watched/unwatched status...

---- Movie (2016)
------- Movie (2016).mkv
------- Movie (2016).nfo
------- poster.jpg
------- fanart.jpg
pipaatmrmc

Post by pipaatmrmc »

Hi,

does that mean that "Keymap Editor" is not supported in MRMC?
When i search for the addon MRMC can't find anything.

If MRMC does not and will not support Keymap Editor, it would greatly help (me :-)) if MRMC would support
Long press direction up for switching audio
Long press direction down for switching subtitle.
like KODI

thank you very much
pipa