1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.9.0 for Google Play

Google Play Store and App Store beta test feedback
cosmoxl

Re: Testing MrMC 3.9.0 for Google Play

Post by cosmoxl » 09 Jul 2019, 02:58

Audiomixer wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 01:39
Cosmoxl, interesting. My Lg c8 tv becomes choppy (using nvidia shield) with advanced timing on and fine with it off, yet my Sony 900f lip sync is way off when I have advanced timing on but plays perfectly with it off.
I also have a C8 :) are you running the latest build of MrMC? I certainly saw problems in the past but so far it seems the latest build has fixed it for me. time will tell.

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 09 Jul 2019, 07:00

Never forget to play with the "motion smoother" of your TV, or whatever it is called on whichever brand.
Those alter the timings on the TV itself...

Fehritale

Post by Fehritale » 09 Jul 2019, 12:43

After the update, MrMC is starting correctly.

One more question: is the service auto starting after a reboot/cold boot or is there a setting to enable it?

Audiomixer

Post by Audiomixer » 09 Jul 2019, 14:30

cosmoxl wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 02:58

I also have a C8 :) are you running the latest build of MrMC? I certainly saw problems in the past but so far it seems the latest build has fixed it for me. time will tell.
Yup, the latest version. With advanced timing off, everything plays smooth on my c8 including 4K remux HDR content.
koying wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 07:00

Never forget to play with the "motion smoother" of your TV, or whatever it is called on whichever brand.
Interesting. I run some trumotion on certain content, with tru motion off, advanced timing can be on and still have smooth playback. However, still some mild choppiness with 4K remuxed HDR content even with tru-motion off.
Were my last logs of the plex auto startup of any use?

cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl » 09 Jul 2019, 14:52

Audiomixer wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 14:30
cosmoxl wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 02:58

Yup, the latest version. With advanced timing off, everything plays smooth on my c8 including 4K remux HDR content.
koying wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 07:00

Interesting. I run some trumotion on certain content, with tru motion off, advanced timing can be on and still have smooth playback. However, still some mild choppiness with 4K remuxed HDR content even with tru-motion off.
Were my last logs of the plex auto startup of any use?
If real cinema is on it should be handling most any material properly. I'm guessing the "choppiness" you see when tru motion is off is likely just the low frame rate of 23 or 24p material as compared to higher framerate material. You see it especially as the camera pans.

"One downside to OLED technology is that there is some stutter when playing low frame rate content, especially when watching movies or TV Shows."

That quote from https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c8-oled

They explain why in the stutter section of that review. It's actually because the OLED response time is so quick.

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 09 Jul 2019, 15:25

Fehritale wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 12:43
One more question: is the service auto starting after a reboot/cold boot or is there a setting to enable it?
No. You have to start MrMC proper to start the service.
MrMC can be autostarted, though. See "mrmc.autostart" in https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php/How_to_s ... _MrMC_data

Fehritale

Post by Fehritale » 09 Jul 2019, 15:43

So according to the problem with the loading thumbnails for the channels, I still have to start MrMC to get them loading?

Audiomixer

Post by Audiomixer » 09 Jul 2019, 15:55

cosmoxl wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 14:52

If real cinema is on it should be handling most any material properly. I'm guessing the "choppiness" you see when tru motion is off is likely just the low frame rate of 23 or 24p material as compared to higher framerate material. You see it especially as the camera pans.

"One downside to OLED technology is that there is some stutter when playing low frame rate content, especially when watching movies or TV Shows."

That quote from https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c8-oled

They explain why in the stutter section of that review. It's actually because the OLED response time is so quick.
It was more a stutter choppiness and not a result of panning but more like frames missing.
I’ve read the rtings reviews. Love that site.
In any case I decided to delete cache and data and restart and configure MrMC as new. With advanced timing on, I have not been able to reproduce the choppiness/stutter I had before with advanced timing on.
Last edited by Audiomixer on 09 Jul 2019, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.

koying
Team MrMC

Post by koying » 09 Jul 2019, 15:59

Fehritale wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 15:43
So according to the problem with the loading thumbnails for the channels, I still have to start MrMC to get them loading?
Yes. I might add a specific setting just for the service, though
EDIT: Added as "mrmc.autostartservice=yes". Will be in next beta

Fehritale

Post by Fehritale » 09 Jul 2019, 18:10

koying wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 15:59
Fehritale wrote:
09 Jul 2019, 15:43
Yes. I might add a specific setting just for the service, though
EDIT: Added as "mrmc.autostartservice=yes". Will be in next beta
Thank you!