1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.8.1 for Google Play

Google Play Store and App Store beta test feedback
Locked
User avatar
amet
Team MrMC
Posts: 2810
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 16:59
Location: Dubai/Novi Sad

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 for Google Play

Post by amet » 19 Mar 2019, 17:49

"Desktop" and "SHIELD Android TV" dont have matching publicAddress. is there another Shield? .. I am confused :)

cosmoxl
Posts: 1569
Joined: 12 Dec 2015, 14:16

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 for Google Play

Post by cosmoxl » 19 Mar 2019, 17:52

amet wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 17:49
"Desktop" and "SHIELD Android TV" dont have matching publicAddress. is there another Shield? .. I am confused :)
No, they don't. Those public addresses you're seeing are two different VPN where the VPN clients are running on a gateway at the edge of my network, not on the devices themselves. Therefore, talking to eachother on the local network is not blocked by some firewall or something. :geek: Treat it as if I had two different ISP that I use for different devices I guess.
Last edited by cosmoxl on 19 Mar 2019, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
koying
Team MrMC
Posts: 400
Joined: 20 Mar 2016, 17:49

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 for Google Play

Post by koying » 19 Mar 2019, 17:53

eyosha wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 13:32
Hi Koying
I enrolled to beta testing few days ago when I go to the app page in Google play store I'm registered as beta tester
But version is still 3.8-0, is that OK or it should be 3.8.1 ?
I still haven't received beta update on my shield tv
No clue. Cosmoxl got it, so it's there.
OTOH, I only uploaded it 3h ago, so it might take a little while to roll out.

User avatar
amet
Team MrMC
Posts: 2810
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 16:59
Location: Dubai/Novi Sad

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 for Google Play

Post by amet » 19 Mar 2019, 18:44

cosmoxl wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 17:52
amet wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 17:49
"Desktop" and "SHIELD Android TV" dont have matching publicAddress. is there another Shield? .. I am confused :)
No, they don't. Those public addresses you're seeing are two different VPN where the VPN clients are running on a gateway at the edge of my network, not on the devices themselves. Therefore, talking to eachother on the local network is not blocked by some firewall or something. :geek: Treat it as if I had two different ISP that I use for different devices I guess.
ok, lets see if the next one fixes it for you

veroxii
Posts: 7
Joined: 21 Mar 2018, 00:56

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.0 for Google Play

Post by veroxii » 19 Mar 2019, 20:35

cosmoxl wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 13:21
If you see stuttering problems try turning off advanced timing for AMC surface in settings>video>acceleration. I think for me I like the un-advanced timing better even though advanced is supposed to work on the shield.
Since last complaining about the stuttering I disabled automatic frame rate switching and things were working fine (apart from having to manually change the shield frame rate for different sources). But I saw this post and some quick testing last night looked like this solved my stuttering issues too. Auto framerate and resolution switching is back on and can't see any glitches or stuttering.

cosmoxl
Posts: 1569
Joined: 12 Dec 2015, 14:16

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.0 for Google Play

Post by cosmoxl » 19 Mar 2019, 20:49

veroxii wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 20:35
cosmoxl wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 13:21
If you see stuttering problems try turning off advanced timing for AMC surface in settings>video>acceleration. I think for me I like the un-advanced timing better even though advanced is supposed to work on the shield.
Since last complaining about the stuttering I disabled automatic frame rate switching and things were working fine (apart from having to manually change the shield frame rate for different sources). But I saw this post and some quick testing last night looked like this solved my stuttering issues too. Auto framerate and resolution switching is back on and can't see any glitches or stuttering.
If you are in the beta test then you should test things with advanced timing on since it's supposed to be fixed now.

eyosha
Posts: 30
Joined: 13 Jan 2019, 09:18

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.0 for Google Play

Post by eyosha » 19 Mar 2019, 21:34

cosmoxl wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 20:49
veroxii wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 20:35
cosmoxl wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 13:21
If you see stuttering problems try turning off advanced timing for AMC surface in settings>video>acceleration. I think for me I like the un-advanced timing better even though advanced is supposed to work on the shield.
Since last complaining about the stuttering I disabled automatic frame rate switching and things were working fine (apart from having to manually change the shield frame rate for different sources). But I saw this post and some quick testing last night looked like this solved my stuttering issues too. Auto framerate and resolution switching is back on and can't see any glitches or stuttering.
If you are in the beta test then you should test things with advanced timing on since it's supposed to be fixed now.
Im on the beta
need some.more testing but so far so good
I just saw a movie with advanced timing on and all was good
I will make some.more tests to n the next few days

Ghostm
Posts: 54
Joined: 04 Mar 2019, 02:49

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 for Google Play

Post by Ghostm » 20 Mar 2019, 01:24

koying wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 12:49
Beta updated to 3.8.1

I also created an alpha version which (hopefully) should fix the TrueHD dropouts.
To join the alpha, you have to join the Google Group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/mrmc-alpha with the google adress you bought MrMC with, above enrolling as a tester at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/tv.mrmc.mrmc

Not 100% sure that will work, tbh. Just ping if you don't receive the alpha version, which should have a 809b6bf hash.



Thanks, I will see if I get it, I appreciate the quick effort to resolve this issue, if it is fixed, I can keep the shield, i just couldnt sit on the edge of my seat everytime i play 4k movie with atmos wondering if it would drop out. If it is working, I love the shield and especially mrmc otherwise.

Ghostm
Posts: 54
Joined: 04 Mar 2019, 02:49

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 for Google Play

Post by Ghostm » 20 Mar 2019, 02:36

I was able to download the beta, but I dont seem to have the alpha.

User avatar
koying
Team MrMC
Posts: 400
Joined: 20 Mar 2016, 17:49

Re: Testing MrMC 3.8.1 for Google Play

Post by koying » 20 Mar 2019, 09:31

Ghostm wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 02:36
I was able to download the beta, but I dont seem to have the alpha.
I assume you made sure the address you used to join the group is the same as the one you use on Google Play?

PS it can take days to activate, from.what I read

Locked