1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

GooglePlay MrMC v3.0.0

Old TestFlight threads
davilla
Team MrMC

GooglePlay MrMC v3.0.0

Post by davilla »

For Enabled Beta Testers only, https://play.google.com/apps/testing/tv.mrmc.mrmc
Note this is aimed at Android TV devices that are Android "N" (SDK 24) and aarch64, specifically the Nvidia Shield TV (2015/2017) device.

In reporting issue, make sure you include Shield fw version, which one (2015 or 2017, standard or pro) and MrMC audio setupp along with your actual audio device setup. It helps us understand your setup.

- kodi v17 database compatibility
- add metadata.mymovies.dk scraper
- various other cosmetic fixes
- refactor libdvd to include VFS/Log support
- add support for older hdhomerun devices.
- VIDEO_TS folder playback
- plex transcode, Settings -> Services -> Plex Client -> Enable transcode, then select desired quality
- plex transcode, local transcode setting and audio transcode options
- 608 subtitles fix
- libNFS bump
- more plex transcode tweaks
- 64-bit App

2017-02-04 - 3.0-0 Git:2017-02-04-34a84eb
- fixed, backdround audio on droid.
- fixed, h264/interlace detection for MediaCodec.
- fixed, plex client. double start when transcoding.
- fixed, vc1 playback on some flavors.
- fixed, dvd playback with previews before main menu.

2017-02-06 - 3.0-0 Git:2017-02-06-089ebee
- fixed, possible crash vectors.

2017-02-07 - 3.0-0 Git:2017-02-07-e828c58
- fixed, 3d -> 2d mono
- fixed, crash when going home and updating home shelf

2017-02-09
The testflight phase has ended for v3.0 as we are moving towards v3.0 release.
sdsnyr94

Re: GooglePlay MrMC v3.0.0

Post by sdsnyr94 »

From the Google Play web page, says it's not compatible with my Mi Box. Shield is OK.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Guessing the Mi Box has to wait until it gets the N update since I couldn't get it on my Mi Box. Oh well, I'm happy with MrMC on the Shield now.

For all the tests my Shield is going to a Denon AVR-X4200W (7.2.2 setup currently; can switch to 5.2.4) and then to a LG OLED65C6P.

Things I've tested:
o Resolution switching - only had one issue and that was when coming out of a video I got 'Invalid Format' on the screen; putting the Shield to sleep then waking it back up resolved it - prob a Shield issue not MrMC issue
o VC-1 - played without any issues
o AC-3 5.1 Test clip - Speakers mapped correctly
o TrueHD 7.1 Test clip - Speakers mapped correctly
o DTS-HD MA 5.1 Test clip - Speakers mapped correctly
o DTS-HD MA 7.1 Test clip - Speakers mapped correctly
o Atmos Test clip - Played as Atmos; didn't hear any mapping issues
o DTS:X Test - Plays as DTS:X; didn't hear any mapping issues
o 200Mbps Jellyfish 4k H264 - proceeded to play the video smoothly after an initial buffer
o 200Mbps Jellyfish 4k HEVC 10bit - proceeded to play the video smoothly after an initial buffer
o LG Chess 4k HEVC 10bit HDR video clip - played smoothly and triggered HDR on my TV; HDR was turned off after the clip played
o LG Colors of Journey 4k HEVC 10bit HDR video clip - played smoothly and triggered HDR on my TV; HDR was turned off after the clip played

Things I haven't tested:
o Actually watching a movie all the way through
o Actually watching a TV episode all the way through

What else do you want/need me to test?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

I like the MrMC icon, but maybe just make the MrMC a little bigger and take out the 'media center' as a suggestion.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Denon AVR-X3200W here, to Samsung 4k, 55" UN55JS700D

Watching movies is the real test :)

Yea, Mi Box has to wait until it gets the N update. The one that showed up was really phone/table Mi 5 device.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

timstephens24 wrote:Guessing the Mi Box has to wait until it gets the N update since I couldn't get it on my Mi Box. Oh well, I'm happy with MrMC on the Shield now.

For all the tests my Shield is going to a Denon AVR-X4200W (7.2.2 setup currently; can switch to 5.2.4) and then to a LG OLED65C6P.

Things I've tested:
o Resolution switching - only had one issue and that was when coming out of a video I got 'Invalid Format' on the screen; putting the Shield to sleep then waking it back up resolved it - prob a Shield issue not MrMC issue
o VC-1 - played without any issues
o AC-3 5.1 Test clip - Speakers mapped correctly
o TrueHD 7.1 Test clip - Speakers mapped correctly
o DTS-HD MA 5.1 Test clip - Speakers mapped correctly
o DTS-HD MA 7.1 Test clip - Speakers mapped correctly
o Atmos Test clip - Played as Atmos; didn't hear any mapping issues
o DTS:X Test - Plays as DTS:X; didn't hear any mapping issues
o 200Mbps Jellyfish 4k H264 - proceeded to play the video smoothly after an initial buffer
o 200Mbps Jellyfish 4k HEVC 10bit - proceeded to play the video smoothly after an initial buffer
o LG Chess 4k HEVC 10bit HDR video clip - played smoothly and triggered HDR on my TV; HDR was turned off after the clip played
o LG Colors of Journey 4k HEVC 10bit HDR video clip - played smoothly and triggered HDR on my TV; HDR was turned off after the clip played

Things I haven't tested:
o Actually watching a movie all the way through
o Actually watching a TV episode all the way through

What else do you want/need me to test?
nice. I'm jealous of your setup. :)

so all those audio codecs passed through properly? :)
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Yup, they all played as passthrough properly, so really happy.

I just played my DVR recording of last night's Jimmy Fallon (MPEG-TS file recorded with the Channels DVR from my HDHomeRun Connect) that's a MPEG-2 1080i video running at 29.970fps with an average bitrate of 14.1Mbps and 5.1 AC3 at 384kbps. The only issue was after skipping (I'd jump forward at the commercials) the sound occasionally took a second to catch back up but was always in sync after the initial pause in audio.

Edit to add: I also had it paused for about 30 minutes while I was exercising with my daughter and it didn't have any issues staying paused or resuming or anything as well. :D

:thumbsup:
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Watched one of my Blu-Ray remix rips, Deadpool, without issues and full lossless audio. There was an app crash while I was navigating around before I started it and I sent the feedback so hopefully that's helpful.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

timstephens24 wrote:Watched one of my Blu-Ray remix rips, Deadpool, without issues and full lossless audio. There was an app crash while I was navigating around before I started it and I sent the feedback so hopefully that's helpful.
Yesterday, 4:29 PM ?

Abort message: 'Invalid address 0x200dbd4900 passed to free: value not allocated

But stack does not have enough info to point out the suspect code. :) Plex, mysql or local sqlite database ?
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

Yup that's it. Using Plex database.