1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Screensaver on Apple TV4

tvOS Video playback support subforum
timstephens24

Re: Screensaver on Apple TV4

Post by timstephens24 »

davilla wrote: 08 Apr 2017, 13:35
mitrestreet wrote: 08 Apr 2017, 07:28 I am now seeing that if I pause and the screensaver kicks in, resuming does not dismiss the screensaver - I can hear the audio continuing, and have to press menu to get video back.
debuglog showing this behavior please.
I've reported this, done a debug log, and shown a video of this happening to me. Hopefully yours shows something mine didn't.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

I just tried this, started a video, let it play a bit. paused. wait for appletv4 screen saver to kick it. select gets me back into mrmc, unpause. both audio and video are present and life is good.

Clearly there is something different somewhere.

Exactly how are you pausing ?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 08 Apr 2017, 17:59 I just tried this, started a video, let it play a bit. paused. wait for appletv4 screen saver to kick it. select gets me back into mrmc, unpause. both audio and video are present and life is good.

Clearly there is something different somewhere.

Exactly how are you pausing ?
you're cheating. :) don't press select first. just press play with the screensaver on.

also, test with other screensavers, not just aerial. in the past only aerial would allow video to start playing again.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Reproduced. I hardly ever use the play/pause button :)

disableScreenSaver in MainController is missing the critical call to resetSystemIdleTimer. On tvOS, the only way to get out of the screensaver is call ourself to open an custom URL that is registered to ourselves :) resetSystemIdleTimer does that.

Fixed but will miss the 1st testflight push out.
horstepipe

Post by horstepipe »

Hello

TVOS 13.4.6
MrMC 3.9-7
Default Skin (Ariana)

The TVOS screensaver doesn't start up at all when MrMC is running (without video playback). That's not intended I guess? People with OLEDs won't like it :-/

Best regards
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Works fine here, mine is set to something like 2 minutes and no issues... if anything wife complains that it comes up too soon :)
horstepipe

Post by horstepipe »

amet wrote: 16 Jun 2020, 12:06 Works fine here, mine is set to something like 2 minutes and no issues... if anything wife complains that it comes up too soon :)
that's odd. I didn't make any settings adjustments in MrMC yet. My screensaver is setup to 2 minutes, too. Do you also utilize the live screensavers provided by apple (air, water, universe)?
Any idea how to troubleshoot this? Screensaver starts up fine except within MrMC.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Yeah, mine are cities (Dubai, LA....) ... no issues here.

Anyone else see the issue?

Difficult to troubleshoot, there would be log lines in debuglog when screensaver activates but that’s not the case for you... let me look through the code to see if any condition would prevent it from popping up
Climiu

Post by Climiu »

I can verify I also experience this issue where the screensaver activates as expected in other apps but not with MrMC.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

That’s strange, what are the settings for the screen saver in MrMC set to?