1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Shutdown timer Not working

Any issues that are FireTV specific
Nunyafb

Shutdown timer Not working

Post by Nunyafb »

I am reporting that the shutdown timer does not work on ether of my FireTV V2 devices. I have checked the settings and they are correct. I can confirm that the setting in KODI 16.1 does work as expected. I use my FTV every night when I go to bed and if MrMC won't auto shutdown then my server runs all night. If log files are needed I can provide them.

Thank You taking the time to address this.

Jim
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Shutdown timer Not working

Post by davilla »

Shutdown requires root on the AFTV.

MrMC should idle all connections after about 90 seconds. After this, it should not be talking to any servers and they should idle/sleep/whatever. That's the behavior that we see.

How are you connecting to your server(s) ?
Nunyafb

Post by Nunyafb »

I'm sorry to disagree I have not "Rooted"any of my devices. Again if you want logs I'll figure out how to do it and send them.

Jim
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Nunyafb wrote:I'm sorry to disagree I have not "Rooted"any of my devices. Again if you want logs I'll figure out how to do it and send them.

Jim
No one said you were rooted :)

Perhaps there my confusion was over the term, 'shutdown'. That means to tell the OS to shutdown. No FireOS app can do that without having escalated privileges gained via rooting it. This setting would appear in the same dialog as the 'exit' but does not under FireOS or iOS/tvOS.

There is a setting in power savings call 'shutdown timer' and lets you assign a function, quit or minimize. Will be changing the name to idle timer :) It's more appropriate and less confusing.

I just tested the 'shutdown timer' -> quit. It works as expected in that MrMC did quit and the AFTV return to home and AFTV screensaver kicked in.

Same for 'shutdown timer' -> minimize. It works as expected in that MrMC jumped to the AFTV home and and AFTV screensaver kicked in.

Need to see to see your MrMC.log with debug enabled -> http://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=373
Nunyafb

Post by Nunyafb »

I think I figured it out. just as an FYI
I have two profiles Admin I hate the Master name and Welcome
Welcome is for everyday use and blocks changes that might cause issues.
I set the "Shutdown"/Sleep timer in Welcome and it didn't work.
Today I was checking things in the "Admin" account and noticed that "Shutdown"/Sleep was off. So I set that timer to 5 min as a test, and it worked as expected. I tested with each profile set to different times to see if each would act independently by setting Admin to 90 min and welcome to 5min quit MrMC, forced stop in application settings, and then restarted MrMC.

Results
Settings for "Shutdown"/Sleep are independent except "Shutdown"/Sleep MUST be set in "Master"/Admin Profile FIRST in order for it to work in any other profile.

I consider this resolved.

Jim
Nunyafb

Post by Nunyafb »

Well I was wrong the "shutdown" timer is not working at least for me. Anything you can suggest would be appreciated.

Jim
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

describe your exact setup for this so I can try and reproduce it.
Nunyafb

Post by Nunyafb »

Perhaps after all this time I may have been explaining what I was asking for was incorrectly stated.
I am looking for the functionality of a SLEEP TIMER. Such as after 30>60>90>120>180> minutes of No remote activity playback stops. I understand this function is provided as an ADDON in Kodi, but shouldn't the same function be hard coded into MRMC? I am not a programmer but I personally would help pay for this to be added.
FireTV V1 & V2 User
Also use KODI on Windows, Linux, and still on my FireTV V1 & V2
OLD Guy compared to most of the rest of you, but in my heart I'm 15 just ask my Wife!
Nunyafb Izness is my web persona so feel free to call me PIp or JIm.