1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Titles missing from library, but appear and play in media source files

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
ddiehl

Titles missing from library, but appear and play in media source files

Post by ddiehl »

As the topic states:

I have several titles that are not appearing in my Movie library, but appear and can be played from Videos -> Files. All my files are MKV format including the ones that are missing from the Library. I've tried rescanning, and that doesn't help. One thing I did notice is that when I go to Media Sources -> Video -> Movies the titles that are not appearing say "No description available". All the ones that od appear display a description. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using The Movie Database as the information provider

Nvidia Shield TV Experience 9.0.0
eazytv

Re: Titles missing from library, but appear and play in media source files

Post by eazytv »

What is the name of one of the files you tried scraping?
ddiehl

Post by ddiehl »

eazytv wrote: 02 Feb 2022, 20:24 What is the name of one of the files you tried scraping?
Hi! Thanks for responding.

The first one is an independent music documentary
The Box Trolls
Gangs of New York pt1
Gangs of New York pt2

Again, none of these has a description or cover art, just what appears to be a still from the film itself.

It seems odd that they would be ignored altogether as opposed to just adding them without artwork or a description..
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

These files are not scraped as MrMC was not able to verify with sources. See https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php/Naming_V ... nd_Artwork

I have not found a description of "The Box Trolls" on imdb.com nor thetvdb.com. If you are aware of a description on any of possible sources, you might want to link it via a nfo-file.

Put the 2 Gangs of New York Files in a folder named "Gangs.of.New.York.(2002)" and try scraping again.

As iterated in the Wiki, most common problem of files not being scraped are inappropriate file names. Try different types of naming them and then scraping again.
ddiehl

Post by ddiehl »

eazytv wrote: 03 Feb 2022, 06:52 These files are not scraped as MrMC was not able to verify with sources. See https://wiki.mrmc.tv/index.php/Naming_V ... nd_Artwork

I have not found a description of "The Box Trolls" on imdb.com nor thetvdb.com. If you are aware of a description on any of possible sources, you might want to link it via a nfo-file.

Put the 2 Gangs of New York Files in a folder named "Gangs.of.New.York.(2002)" and try scraping again.

As iterated in the Wiki, most common problem of files not being scraped are inappropriate file names. Try different types of naming them and then scraping again.
Thanks. I think I got it sorted. The Box Trolls was actually supposed to be named 'The Boxtrolls'. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0787474/

Renamed it and it now appears. Thanks..

Now another question I have is what about my own videos? I have lots of concert footage and car show stuff.. Any way of adding those?
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

Great you fixed the trolls. :)

Uhhh... no clue about own/home videos. As far as I know, a random shot of the video is shown as preview. No idea if one can determine what pic to show. There is an option under the settings if and how files should be displyed within the library if scraping fails. This is what you need to activate first. As far as I remember, the option is turned off by default. Therefore, if scraping fails, the file is now shown in the library by default. Exactly what you discovered with the trolls.