1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Is this project dead?

Public Announcements and News subforum
DocEagle

Re: Is this project dead?

Post by DocEagle »

disappointed wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 04:34 They didn't kill it. They abandoned it, and their users.

However they continue - dishonestly, in my view - to sell it.
This is just disgraceful.
Set-Top-Box: Apple TV 4K
FW: tvOS 16.2
Front-End: MrMC 3.9.12 (210507.625)
Skin: Ariana
Database: MySQL
NAS: QNAP TS-451+
scoubidou

Post by scoubidou »

We can say today creator of mrmc is the worst asshole in the world !!!!
Audiomixer

Post by Audiomixer »

davilla wrote: 06 Feb 2022, 19:28 Not dead, just taking a long pandemic nap... :)
“Where’s the beef? Where’s the beef? I don’t think there is anybody back there.”…. At least they could have announced the project was coming to an end instead of simple abandonment. Pandemic nap?? LOL!
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

It's really buggy in the latest tvOS betas too, pretty much unusable. I'm hoping in later betas things get better but I'm already looking for alternatives. Nothing is quite like MrMC though (except for Kodi obviously).
abbott

Post by abbott »

Might as well open source part (skins, etc.)--or all--of the tvOS binary for community PRs. It would provide members the ability to help maintain the product/project.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
disappointed

Post by disappointed »

What would be great - if there was community support – would be a Kodi branch that complied with App store requirements. These guys can keep their lousy skins.
rjorge77

Post by rjorge77 »

Well.. maybe we will finally be able to install Kodi (with no jailbreak needed!) in future iOS 17, for European users :
https://www.macrumors.com/2023/04/17/ap ... ng-ios-17/

And so, we could put the final nail in MrMC, and move along….. Image

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
Desbeers

Post by Desbeers »

For me, MRMC is dead. Long time user and knowing what Davilla did for the Apple TV over the years I feel sad. I appreciate all the work he had done for us 'Apple TV' users in the past.

I wrote my own Kodi client for macOS, tvOS and iPadOS. It is not the same, it's a bit buggy and requires a Kodi somewhere on your network, but it's doing the job for me.

It plays only Apple Approved formats... So, no MKV's

It is open source:

https://github.com/Desbeers/Komodio

I want to thank Davilla for the fun with the first Apple TV; the 'CrystalHD Video Decoder'. Those were the days!
jabohn

Post by jabohn »

I've tried it out in tvOS 17 beta and so far it's working. Occasionally there is a glitch or a freeze but it's still useable for me. I'm very disappointed as well!
logan_x50

Post by logan_x50 »

Desbeers wrote: 26 Jun 2023, 15:41 For me, MRMC is dead. Long time user and knowing what Davilla did for the Apple TV over the years I feel sad. I appreciate all the work he had done for us 'Apple TV' users in the past.

I wrote my own Kodi client for macOS, tvOS and iPadOS. It is not the same, it's a bit buggy and requires a Kodi somewhere on your network, but it's doing the job for me.

It plays only Apple Approved formats... So, no MKV's

It is open source:

https://github.com/Desbeers/Komodio

I want to thank Davilla for the fun with the first Apple TV; the 'CrystalHD Video Decoder'. Those were the days!
I also want to thank Davila and agree cracking open the first Apple TV, removing the wifi card and installing the CrystalHD Video Decoder was great fun.

I don't know what's happened to Davilla or Amet and I won't throw any stones without knowing any facts. What I do know is MrMC was great while it lasted and I'd prefer to focus on that and say thanks guys, I wish you both well.

For anyone looking at alternatives I can say that despite my bias against it, PLEX is actually pretty damn good. Only some limitation in the client (appletv app) marks it down for instance not being able to manage the library from teh client or adjusting the audio synch. But I'd advise giving it a go.

Thanks again, chaps.

Steve