1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

UI failed to show all the text

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
Possagno

UI failed to show all the text

Post by Possagno »

Hi all,

yesterday I opened my MrMc on the Shield after some days, no more than a week, and I saw a new UI.
I usually I keep everything updated frequently but from reading around seems that this new UI is out for quite a while .. anyway.

I attached some pictures to describe my problem, since are better than any words.
Starting page / splash screen image:
startPage.jpg
Main settings page:
settings.jpg
Audio settings page:
audioSettings.jpg
All pages are the same, so is not just in a specific area: everywhere.
Any idea?

Thanks for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: UI failed to show all the text

Post by amet »

Any chance you have webui enabled before and you can pull the debuglog?
Possagno

Post by Possagno »

Hi amet,

thanks for your reply. I'll try to pull the log later following the pictures :)
Now that I see the screenshot from the guide you linked, before it was looking like the Opacity Skin, and now it looks like Ariana, but all the drama starts. I thought was a release upgrade, not just a skin change.

For the webui .. I actually have no idea. How can I check that?
I don't even know the purpose of it, but I didn't change any settings manually in months.
Possagno

Post by Possagno »

Update on the logging: I can't do that, I can't click on it, the cursor just skip that step.

I see a "Log not uploaded" message as in the pic:
logging.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Go 2 clicks up, to enable debug logging, then force restart MrMC and try to upload
Possagno

Post by Possagno »

I did enable the logging, restart the app (setting was enable) but when I click on the upload button nothing happen.
No popup, no changes. I wait for some time and nothing changes.
I also restarted the Shield, re-did the upload but I still don't get any feedback and the label is still on "Logs not uploaded".

Not sure if it is relevant, but since the all skin/layout changed I got a splash screen when I start MrMc, if I press A or B doesn't matter, it always closes and go to the main menu:
splashScreen.jpg
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I think you’ll have to reinstall the app, looks like something has gone wrong in there

You will loose the library settings unfortunately if you are using SQLite, if you are on MySQL or using one of the other services just a simple login will get you all the content back.
Possagno

Post by Possagno »

But was it an auto-update?

I don't know what and how happened ... still is kind of an annoying thing.
Is there a way to backup the settings (audio, video, ...)? Like export and restore.
Possagno

Post by Possagno »

Update: I deleted the cache for the MrMc app in the Shield settings and everything is back to normal ..

I tried again to upload the logs, but nothing happen.
I tried to update the library but the scanning process doesn't detect the new files added in my NAS.

If I manually browse the NAS from the storage folder, I can see the file and manually search for the information that will be eventually set correctly.

Still weird :)