1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

TVDB Not Fully Updating Library

Report any issues you might have in here
Hackurs

TVDB Not Fully Updating Library

Post by Hackurs »

Hey guys and gals, I'm having an unusual issue with MrMC and TVDB indexing. For some reason, when I update the show info for Doctor Who (2005), it doesn't index the Specials (0x##) that are associated with this series. I've tried other show titles and it works just fine, registering the Specials for those shows. I checked and verified that the TVDB has a specials section set up for this series, and that the episodes are properly labeled. I've also tried ignoring locally stored info and refreshing from the internet, and deleting the show and entire video source to try to resolve this, and no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?
Waltman

Re: TVDB Not Fully Updating Library

Post by Waltman »

I have these specials with local meta data generated by tinymediamanager or mediaelch. And without issues. They all appear under specials.

How did you make the local metadata ?
SETTOP-BOX :Apple TV 4K
Skin: Ariana
Database: MySQL
NAS: Synolgy DS1513+
Receiver: Maranz 1403 with B&W 3.1 speakers
TV: LG55OLEDC8
Hackurs

Post by Hackurs »

I didn't, the NAS DLNP server extension must have. You bring up an interesting point though- delete the entire show .nfo and let it regenerate, or modify it? Most of the indexed episodes have a .nfo file as well as a couple of the specials, which leads me to think it's likely the overarching show .nfo that's the issue. Your thoughts?
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

1 would, clean out the old info and generate new metadata with the dr who show and all episodes. Use tiny mediamanager of mediaelch.

delete the show from mrmc, clean library and rescan using the local nfo data you just generated. Should be working

are you you using mysql (there was a nasal typo here)
Last edited by Waltman on 11 Mar 2021, 20:48, edited 3 times in total.
Hackurs

Post by Hackurs »

Roger, a fresh start works. The only Nasal I have is my allergies. Bah-dum-tish! Joking aside, what is it?
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

Hackurs wrote: 11 Mar 2021, 16:36 Roger, a fresh start works. The only Nasal I have is my allergies. Bah-dum-tish! Joking aside, what is it?
Hahahaha, yes the autocorrect got me there. I meant do you use mysql? Sometimes the MySQL database is stubborn with cleaning data. If you don’t use it you can ignore it.

No Nose 👃 needed to solve this one.
Hackurs

Post by Hackurs »

I actually don't use MySQL. For the life of me, I still cannot get this thing to update. Plex reads the volumes correctly, but for some blasted reason, MrMC just won't fix it. I'm at the point of having to rebuild the entire library, unless you can think of something? Who nose. WHO Nose.
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

What kind of shares are you using. I am using nsf and sometimes library changes can be a bit “stubborn” to go through.

A trick I have used is renaming a folder. So Doctor Who -> Doctor Who (2005) or anything that changes the main series folder name.

Could you try that ?
Hackurs

Post by Hackurs »

I too am using NFS. I'll rename the folder right now, see if that works!
Hackurs

Post by Hackurs »

No joy. I've reverted back to trying to figure out a way to populate some meta data files on the NAS, but I haven't had much luck. The one you recommended can't see NFS interfaces, so it can't navigate to the folders. Plex can index the specials just fine, but for some reason, MrMC just doesn't seem to be up on it.