1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

DTS passthrough not working on Sony Android 8 TV

Any issues that are Android specific
PernusGre

DTS passthrough not working on Sony Android 8 TV

Post by PernusGre »

I'm having trouble playing video files with (ordinary) DTS audio on my Android 8 Sony x950g TV which gets the content from Plex server on my PC. My TV is connected to my Denon AVR (Dolby Digital and DTS decoding supported) via optical toslink connection. I have enabled passthrough and DD and DTS capable receiver in mrmc. While DD videos play fine in 5.1 surround, DTS keeps blinking on my AVR like it's losing connection and there is no sound output. If I disable DTS support in mrmc settings I get only stereo on my AVR. Plex player plays DTS without problems but I have other issues with it like crashing, subtitle problems etc. I really like mrmc for it's interface, subtitles support, speed and options so I hope someone could help me out here. Thank you for your help.
Ciezanico

Re: DTS passthrough not working on Sony Android 8 TV

Post by Ciezanico »

+1

Exactly the same in all.

i'm wainting for the solution
cookielv

Re: DTS passthrough not working on Sony Android 8 TV

Post by cookielv »

+1

I have just purchased MrMC and experiencing the same issue (stuttering as if losing connection) when playing DTS content. I also noticed that TrueHD 7.1/Atmos track is being received by AVR as Dolby Digital 2.0 with no sound...

Workaround for me is to use Kodi which with almost identical settings, works fine.