1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

local info provider

Any issues that relate to Addons
snookums

local info provider

Post by snookums »

My first time trying to use mrmc, also I have never used Kodi. Please be gentle with me. :)

I'm on tvOS but I'm sure this is a generic issue, not specific to ATV/ATV4K.

Settings > Extensions > Extensions > Information Providers > Album information

Here there is a 'Local information only' add-on that is enabled.

In all the other categories, this add-on is not even listed.

1. None of the info provider add-ons are able to be disabled. I see viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5223&p=26843&hilit=disable#p26843 that maybe this is a new bug or new intentional behavior? So my first question, how to disable an info provider add-on?

2. How to get local info (.nfo) for the other categories?

3. Is embedded metadata (https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_file_taggi ... ag_options) supported by mrmc? Given I can't disable the other info providers, will info from those sources augment or replace any embedded metadata?

I would test this, however I worry that I in the initial step of testing I will pollute the metadata cache and then my test results will be inconclusive. On the tvOS version, there does not seem to be a control/setting to purge the local metadata cache (eg infuse has this as a button).

thanks all
snookums

Re: local info provider

Post by snookums »

Found what I think are some answers.

1. Can't disable these add-ons because they are in a certain category of system add-ons that are always enabled. I definitely do not agree with that decision. It would be better to be able to disable specific remote scapers globally. But ok.

2. Apparently, the local provider add-on is really specifically intended for music albums, and maybe music videos (which aren't normal videos). It seems that .nfo data for video is always read and doesn't actually require a metadata scraper add-on at all.

3. Probably embedded metadata is supported, for the same reason that .nfo is always read. I also found https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=285713 which indicates I can indeed disable info providers, once I go forward and add the media sources I'll have that option, per media source. I actually rather like that approach.

And to my un-numbered question, I still couldn't find a way to purge locally-cached metadata on tvOS. I mean aside from remove and re-install of course.

Can anyone comment are my above found answers correct? I really should have tried adding some media sources before even posting, but as noted I want some specific functionality and without local cache purge I didn't/don't want to get into a situation where I'm chasing my tail during testing.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: local info provider

Post by amet »

Quick answer.... if you remove the source, it will ask you if you want to remove metadata for it... that would effectively remove all data for it from library.