1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Migration from nVidia/Shield Kodi to AppleTV/MrMC?

Introduce yourself here
Jan Osch

Migration from nVidia/Shield Kodi to AppleTV/MrMC?

Post by Jan Osch »

Hi,

i'm considerung to migrate my current setup (3 x nVidia Shiel running Kodi 18.5) to Apple TVs running MrMC. Before starting testing this with an Apple TV (already bought a 4K Applet TV for testing) a couple of questions came up:

- Now that MrMC upgraded the database datascheme, is it possible to use the same MySQL Database for Kodi 18.5 and MrMC? I'm aware this might break instantly as Kodi updates the schema with updates but does it work right now?

- Is there a way to copy user profiles between devices? Currently i'm maintaining profiles for the whole family (4 persons) on one Shield and copying them using SSH to other devices when changes to settings have been made. Needing to change 4 profiles on 4 devices whenever settings need to be changed is a lot of work ;-)

Thank you so much and kind regards

Jan
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Migration from nVidia/Shield Kodi to AppleTV/MrMC?

Post by amet »

Hi,

1. Is possible, MrMC and Kodi video databases are compatible

2. You won’t be able to do that in Apple TV, there is no access to the files via ssh. You might be able to copy the profile folder to a network drive using file manager but none of the profile xml files are there as we keep writing xml files to user default to prevent tvOS from deleting them.