1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

2019 pro worth an upgrade?

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
Quartermass

2019 pro worth an upgrade?

Post by Quartermass »

I'm delighted with the 2017 Shield. I see there's now a 2019 Pro and having had a quick look at it I don't see any real reason to upgrade.

The main feature seems to be the AI upgrade and I'm not that keen on it.

Is there anything else that really makes it a compelling upgrade or something I've missed?

My MrMC experience on my 2017 Shield is quick, smooth and I don't feel there's any real lag.
cosmoxl

Re: 2019 pro worth an upgrade?

Post by cosmoxl »

dolby vision and dolby audio processing would be other reasons to upgrade.

dolby audio processing allows you to get netlfix atmos and can convert DD+ to DD for those devices that can't handle DD+
Dave_O

Post by Dave_O »

The new remote is another plus.
Superhans

Post by Superhans »

Just bought one myself as one of my two Shields, the older 2015 model, is starting to show its age and playing up every now and then,

To be honest, unless you have a 4K TV and want Dolby Vision support for it then there's not a lot of reason to upgrade. The units are very little different in spec - the theoretically faster CPU doesn't translate into noticeable speed gains, the memory is still too low at 3gig, the internal storage is still too low at 16gig and there are no connectivity differences - same array of ports etc though I think the bluetooth might be a newer spec. Wifi is still 'ac'.