1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Fix local sign-in (internet outage)

Support for the native Emby Client on any platform
Montoya

Fix local sign-in (internet outage)

Post by Montoya »

During an ISP outage today, I am experiencing that MrMC is dependent on an internet connection for the local sign-in, into a local Emby Server.

MrMC doesn’t connect to my Local Emby Server and therefore doesn’t show the local Emby server in MrMC Homescreen in the list of servers to select. Signing out and in again, into the Emby Client Service, doesn’t solve that issue.

The Emby iOS app does not have that restriction. It can connect to my local server and play media when no internet connection is present.

Can you do the same for MrMC ?
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
cosmoxl

Re: Fix local sign-in (internet outage)

Post by cosmoxl »

I and others have reported the same thing for plex but no fix for it yet.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I’ll have a look at it, most difficult thing would be reproducing the issue without being killed by my family for disabling internet in the house :)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Montoya wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 10:50 During an ISP outage today, I am experiencing that MrMC is dependent on an internet connection for the local sign-in, into a local Emby Server.

MrMC doesn’t connect to my Local Emby Server and therefore doesn’t show the local Emby server in MrMC Homescreen in the list of servers to select. Signing out and in again, into the Emby Client Service, doesn’t solve that issue.

The Emby iOS app does not have that restriction. It can connect to my local server and play media when no internet connection is present.

Can you do the same for MrMC ?
should be fixed for the next Beta/TF... good luck trying to test it
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

cosmoxl wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 13:29 I and others have reported the same thing for plex but no fix for it yet.
this is for GDM discovery?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

amet wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 15:19
cosmoxl wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 13:29 I and others have reported the same thing for plex but no fix for it yet.
No. It's been mentioned in the past that if internet is out we still can't access our local plex server with MrMC. Whether or not GDM is enabled doesn't matter.

But, the plex app on whatever device we are using can access the local server so long as we've setup our server to allow local access without authentication.
Montoya

Post by Montoya »

amet wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 03:11 I’ll have a look at it, most difficult thing would be reproducing the issue without being killed by my family for disabling internet in the house :)
LOL :D
amet wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 15:18 should be fixed for the next Beta/TF... good luck trying to test it
Thanks for picking this up and surviving, fixing it :D
Apple TV 4K 64GB tvOS 14.0 - MrMC 3.9.8 - Win10 Pro x64 1909 build 19041.488
DVBLink Server 6.0.0 build14499 - TVMosaic Server build 17679 - Emby Server build 4.4.3.0
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

cosmoxl wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 15:43
No. It's been mentioned in the past that if internet is out we still can't access our local plex server with MrMC. Whether or not GDM is enabled doesn't matter.

But, the plex app on whatever device we are using can access the local server so long as we've setup our server to allow local access without authentication.
hm, might need a "major" core rework... we never planned for that so I need to see what needs to change. I'll see what it takes, if I go silent please remind me as it might have slipped through the cracks
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

amet wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 16:25
cosmoxl wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 15:43

hm, might need a "major" core rework... we never planned for that so I need to see what needs to change. I'll see what it takes, if I go silent please remind me as it might have slipped through the cracks
Thanks!
bagges

Post by bagges »

Are there any updates on this?

I have the same issue today, my ISP is down, this results in no Movies and TV shows shown, in MRMC from EMBY.

Is there any way to have EMBY working even if the internet is down?