1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Dolby vision for Android

Any issues that are Android specific
lightsout

Dolby vision for Android

Post by lightsout »

I see that you guys have enabled Dolby vision rips for the Apple TV. At least single layer rips. Any idea if these will be coming to Android. Specifically with the new shield that supports it.
cosmoxl

Re: Dolby vision for Android

Post by cosmoxl »

Bump. Anybody looking at getting DV working on the new shields?
Audiomixer

Post by Audiomixer »

Just downloaded an Lg dolby vision 4K atmos demo file from 4kmedia.org and it plays perfectly in plex latest player beta 7.24 on 2019 shield pro so it is possible.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Audiomixer wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 17:15 Just downloaded an Lg dolby vision 4K atmos demo file from 4kmedia.org and it plays perfectly in plex latest player beta 7.24 on 2019 shield pro so it is possible.
I signed up or plex's beta program but haven't yet been given access to it. Good to know that it works.
Audiomixer

Post by Audiomixer »

cosmoxl wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 18:34
Audiomixer wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 17:15 Just downloaded an Lg dolby vision 4K atmos demo file from 4kmedia.org and it plays perfectly in plex latest player beta 7.24 on 2019 shield pro so it is possible.
I signed up or plex's beta program but haven't yet been given access to it. Good to know that it works.
If you have access to their testing page, just go to player beta>Android tv beta>Release announcements and scroll to the bottom, you might be able to download the latest apk to a thumb drive and manually install.
lightsout

Post by lightsout »

Audiomixer wrote:Just downloaded an Lg dolby vision 4K atmos demo file from 4kmedia.org and it plays perfectly in plex latest player beta 7.24 on 2019 shield pro so it is possible.
Assuming that is a single layer DV file? Not many of those around.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

OK, so I installed the latest apk of Plex 7.24 and indeed it plays almost all the DV test files I have. In fact, it plays properly all the ones that the apple tv 4k plays with inverted color. The only file it wouldn't play is a glass blowing video with "iOS" in the filename that I'd gotten somewhere.
lightsout

Post by lightsout »

cosmoxl wrote:OK, so I installed the latest apk of Plex 7.24 and indeed it plays almost all the DV test files I have. In fact, it plays properly all the ones that the apple tv 4k plays with inverted color. The only file it wouldn't play is a glass blowing video with "iOS" in the filename that I'd gotten somewhere.
Do you have any ripped Blu Ray? Or is it all demo stuff? And do you get a DV popup on your TV?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

lightsout wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 20:23
cosmoxl wrote:OK, so I installed the latest apk of Plex 7.24 and indeed it plays almost all the DV test files I have. In fact, it plays properly all the ones that the apple tv 4k plays with inverted color. The only file it wouldn't play is a glass blowing video with "iOS" in the filename that I'd gotten somewhere.
Do you have any ripped Blu Ray? Or is it all demo stuff? And do you get a DV popup on your TV?
yes my TV (LG OLED C8) reports DV. I wouldn't report it as working if it didn't. :)

I do have a few bluray folders that have DV but Plex won't import those. I do not have any of the single layer bluray rips from dvdfab.
lightsout

Post by lightsout »

cosmoxl wrote:
lightsout wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 20:23
yes my TV (LG OLED C8) reports DV. I wouldn't report it as working if it didn't. :)

I do have a few bluray folders that have DV but Plex won't import those. I do not have any of the single layer bluray rips from dvdfab.
And the Blu Ray folders won't work anyways right? If you just tried to play the m2ts?