1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

AFTV2 3.9-2 is not starting after upgrade

Any issues that are FireTV specific
salata

AFTV2 3.9-2 is not starting after upgrade

Post by salata »

Hi,
I was hoping mrmc will get better once you get Koying in. AFter SPMC eol, I tried to find good replacement for media player, and bought your app. After last update app stopped to respond. Clearing cache, data and re-installation didn't helped. Mrmc crashing (quits to dashboard) after during 'starting services' process. Is anyone experiencin similar issue on FireTV gen2?

Currently generic KODI build for Android works much better. Is it possible to get the mrmc crash log even the initial run wasn't successful?
koying
Team MrMC

Re: AFTV2 3.9-2 is not starting after upgrade

Post by koying »

Sorry to hear you have issues.
If MrMC 3.9.0 did work for you, it's not immediately obvious to me what could cause this...

To be able to debug startup-type issues, we'd need a "logcat" kind of log, unfortunately.
salata

Post by salata »

Hi Koying, thanks for yours.
I tried different things. I checked SD card for errors. I moved mrmc back to internal storage as it was installed by default on sdcard (which is good). Usualy I want to eliminate issue which is sits between couch and tv. What I noticed Is after full reset data and cache, once I run the app and crash, the Cache folder size is 208MB while Data folder is only 12KB. I'm not sure how relevent that may be. I cannot find the app logs anywhere. I believe that is design of the app. Im running FireOS 5.2.7.1.

I'm wondering what is the others experience with mrmc on aftv-gen2.
salata

Post by salata »

I'm digging this out as I managed to find a reason for such behavior. To minimize space on the main storage used by kodi I used 'xbmc_env.properties' file. Obviously mrmc is refferncing to this as well and is using the same path, causing to app to crash.

I suggest you guys to change this value and use 'mrmc_env.properties' file instead to prevent future crashes, while kodi is in installed as well.

cheers
salata