1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Eventual frame skipping during playback

Nvidia Shield TV Video playback support subforum
Kuro07

Re: Eventual frame skipping during playback

Post by Kuro07 »

Just to add to this, I've been experiencing this as well. I tried playing the video on the official plex client and playback works perfectly. I noticed that it happens with scenes that have a lot of movement. I'll upload a logfile when it happens again.

EDIT: I tried playing on Kodi with the PlexKodiConnect addon and playback works fine.
sdmaged99

Post by sdmaged99 »

makes no difference on my side i'm afraid. There are multiple people with this frame skipping issue though, its absolutely a problem

I've switched back to Kodi (which is surprisingly remarkably good now!) and not had a single issue playing back any media.
bleomycin

Post by bleomycin »

Sadly just another +1 to throw in the ring. Brand new 2019 shield tv pro, latest versions of everything totally stock mrmc only setting changed was boosting voice audio channel slightly. Using plex as the source. Exact behavior OP was seeing. Happy to provide logs or any other info that could be helpful!
sdmaged99

Post by sdmaged99 »

Honestly, i would try Kodi again

I shifted away from it to MrMC as it worked great, but i've given up on it now. Lack of updates, general lack of interest in bugs

Kodi is actually surprisingly polished now and my wife prefers it
Earzz!

Post by Earzz! »

Kuro07 wrote: 07 Jun 2020, 08:36 Just to add to this, I've been experiencing this as well. I tried playing the video on the official plex client and playback works perfectly. I noticed that it happens with scenes that have a lot of movement. I'll upload a logfile when it happens again.

EDIT: I tried playing on Kodi with the PlexKodiConnect addon and playback works fine.
Also experiencing this with a 2015 Shield TV, Kodi with Official Plex Addon playback is butter smooth.
sdmaged99

Post by sdmaged99 »

just popped on for a look, and imagine my surprise that absolutely nothing at all has been done.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

sdmaged99 wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 12:18 just popped on for a look, and imagine my surprise that absolutely nothing at all has been done.
It looks to me that you are looking to get banned, you noted that you moved on... what would you like us to do about it?

You don’t know what was done or what is being done, please consider this to be the last warning.
sdmaged99

Post by sdmaged99 »

So let's get this straight. I paid for a product that seems to have a pretty product breaking bug. I provided logs, information and everything else that was asked. I did investigation myself and found out that using an alternate product based on what i would say is similar code does not have this bug. I received little to no feedback, either stating what was found, or what more i might provide to assist with a faster resolution of the issue.

Other people also have the same issue, and bearing in mind this was raised in August 2019, i am "assuming" you've done nothing, as you have provided zero information on what you might actually be doing

I liked the product, and i convinced numerous other people to purchase it. If you think that this is an acceptable way to deal with a product breaking bug, then i suggest you maybe need to look at the processes you have in place to feedback to customers. I work for one of the largest software development companies in the world, and we also make products that develop bugs (which is perfectly normal), and i'm well versed in product development life cycles. We do feed back to paying customers however.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

All valid comments except your last sarcastic one, we look into it, we try to fix every bug we can and if we can reproduce it ,we can fix it.

My point is that you came and commented that you moved on, and since we have no way of reproducing the bug reliably (and you moved on) we have put it on a back burner... you now come back and claim nothing has been done.

If you wanna work on this further, I am happy to hear how it behaves now on 3.9.10 and if you can provide the sample that can trigger it on the latest version. If it’s easier email us on support @ mrmc tv
Sokudoningyou

Post by Sokudoningyou »

I'm fairly certain I'm seeing the same issue, though it's only been just now, with a 4K movie ripped straight with MakeMKV. Akira. Big file. Stuttering like mad, and the audio barely even plays, on a new Shield, which is connected directly to my router, which is also connected directly to my Synology. Shield is connected to an Onkyo receiver that is supposed to handle all my formats, so that shouldn't be the problem. No other files have had this issue. I want to get logs to send to you, but I'm not sure which ones to check mark to get the log rolling.