1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Testing MrMC 3.9.0 for Google Play

Old TestFlight threads
Rootax

Re: Testing MrMC 3.9.0 for Google Play

Post by Rootax »

Tried with iec and without, same thing.
supertoto1977

Post by supertoto1977 »

Hello,

I used to have my shield connected directly to the TV (Sony AF9) and I used ARC to have the sound on my Sony MDR-HW700.
No a/v sync issue with passthrough AC3 + force AC3 only and with advanced timing off.
Since few days, i have a hdmi splitter (XOLORSpace S102) to have the TV and the HW700 connected in parallel and to have passthrough on all audio format.
As TheDarkKnight said, having a very light audio out of sync on my 4K rip, the advanced timing set to on solves the issue (and no stuttering as before).
With 7.1 LPCM (no passthrough), no audio sync issue with advanced timing off.

I do only some quick test but for the moment i don't see any stuttering on 1080p with advanced timing on. I will do more test this week-end.
Last edited by supertoto1977 on 08 Sep 2019, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
supertoto1977

Post by supertoto1977 »

Hello,

So after 2 days of test, i set the advanced timing to off.
I have some stuttering with 1080p (like TheDarkKnight) after 30 or 50 minutes.
Regarding the audio out of sync, i've updated the A/V sync into the shield configuration (from 50ms to 80ms).
Now everything is OK.

I have no hotfix installed on my shield, i'm waiting for the official release from Nvidia.

the only small issue i have since the beginning is the missing progress indicator of the library updates when the application start. I know that the gui waits now that the services are started.
Maybe MrMc can start the library updates once the gui is ready?
supertoto1977

Post by supertoto1977 »

Hello,

Regarding the passthough, I 've rollbacked the shield A/V sync to 50ms and added manually an audiodelay to 0.02450s in the guisettings.xml to have the closest A/V sync in MrMc.
It seems to be the same issue as Rootax.

No A/V sync issue with Kodi or Nova Player in passthough mode.
No issue with TV ARC because the TV has its own A/V sync process.

Please let me know if you want a debug log with or without the custom audio delay.
david86bcn

Post by david86bcn »

Hello, I have updated to 3.9.2 and when playing videos 1080p 25fps not change resolution, it plays at 3840x2160 (in videos at 24p it changes resolution correctly). In 3.8.1 it changed resolution correctly. Is it a bug of the latest version or mrmc? (I have 7.2.3 oreo in shield, I have not updated to 8.0 pie).
BillyBudapest

Post by BillyBudapest »

Any chance of a MRMC 3.9.3 Test for Google Play?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

MrMC needs to be updated to support dolby vision for the new shield tvs.

I picked up the new "pro" model today. :)
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

cosmoxl wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 17:40 MrMC needs to be updated to support dolby vision for the new shield tvs.

Waiting for this as well before I make the purchase.
Hopefully its not too long and not a headache to do.

I have all my Single Layer Dolby Vision files ready to go that work on the ATV4K, would love to stop using 2 devices.
Audiomixer

Post by Audiomixer »

cosmoxl wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 17:40 MrMC needs to be updated to support dolby vision for the new shield tvs.

They had one on the truck here at the local BB. I get to pick it up in the morning when they get it unpacked. My son in law picked one up today also and he has favorable opinions of DV and the new upscale. Said it was hard to tell between the new shield and the Lg C8 upscale.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Audiomixer wrote: 24 Oct 2019, 22:32

They had one on the truck here at the local BB. I get to pick it up in the morning when they get it unpacked. My son in law picked one up today also and he has favorable opinions of DV and the new upscale. Said it was hard to tell between the new shield and the Lg C8 upscale.
yeah, the new scalers really do something vs "basic". I think better than the C8 actually, if the AI is enabled. If the framerate is 59 or if the content is interlaced AI won't work so it's just plain advanced.

The DV works for netflix, amazon, vudu, movies anywhere. I bet the MrMC guys will be able to get something working. But right now several DV test clips play as HDR not DV in MrMC.