1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Skip ahead/skip chapters

tvOS Video playback support subforum
adam12

Skip ahead/skip chapters

Post by adam12 »

Hi -

I wasn't able to find an answer to my question by searching, so I was hoping I could get some advice from an expert. :D

When I try to skip ahead 30 seconds with a particular movie file, it fails to move ahead and sends me back to the beginning of the video. This happens when both skipping forward and using the built in chapters to skip ahead. I haven't run across this problem before and this is the only video I have that does this. The video plays back perfectly otherwise. It might have something to do with keyframes but I don't know enough about it to say for sure or how to fix it?

All the devices are hardwired with cat5e and gigabit switches. 4K MKV video file.

Thanks for any help.

https://pastebin.com/U90j3Egq
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Skip ahead/skip chapters

Post by davilla »

This particular video seems to have audio sync issues.

WARNING: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: 43944.910042

That means it's trying to a/v sync but it's way off.
Original Title so I can fetch it ?
adam12

Re: Skip ahead/skip chapters

Post by adam12 »

Thanks for the reply. I saw that in the log but was confused why it would have av sync trouble, was sourced from a 4K Blu-ray. The title is the movie Batman from 1989.