1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Home screen - thumbs vs posters issue

Any Ariana skin issues go here
mrmc-user

Home screen - thumbs vs posters issue

Post by mrmc-user »

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a confirmation of the issue below or an advice on what I might be doing wrong.

I use the latest version of MrMc on an Apple TV 4K box with latest tvOS and what I am seeing is that on the home screen, namely the Recently added section, movie thumbs are in place of where I think the posters should be showing - see the images below.

I am using Tiny Media Manager for scraping metadata and artwork off the internet and in MrMc I have just the Local metadata scraper enabled. I came to MrMc from Kodi (Confluence skin] where I had never encountered this issue.

The Recently Added section shows cropped movie thumbs where I believe the vertical posters should go.
recently-added.jpg

The In Progress section shows thumb as expected/intended.
in-progress.jpg

...and just for reference, here are the Tomb Raider movie folder contents as Tiny Media Manager creates them.
folder-contents.jpg

I have already looked through the settings and haven't found any option that would affect this behaviour.
I am not suggesting MrMc is broken but would like to ask whether there's something I am doing improperly,

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrmc-user

Re: Home screen - thumbs vs posters issue

Post by mrmc-user »

*bump*
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

I can confirm this one. And it was also mentioned here. Ill also post in TestFlight.

https://forum.mrmc.tv/viewtopic.php?t=4804

What is happening ? If the tv-show folder only has a poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, skin Ariana Will use the poster.jpg as a thumbnail in the art section under thumbnail. You can see that in the art select view. Everything is okay now.

Tv-show Fanart view
If you introduce a thumb.jpg in the tv-show folder Ariana Will, after a series refresh show the thumb as a thumbnail in the art select view , but it Will also use the thumb.jpg as a wrong poster art in the eg fanart tv-show view.

Season episode view:
If you introduce a season01-thumb.jpg in the tv-show folder Ariana Will after a series refresh, show this thumb as a thumbnail in the art select view, and it Will also use it as art in the season list view. Which looks very Nice in in this section

So there is a bug/ unintended mistake in when Ariana uses a thumb.jpg as a Fanart poster if a thumb.jpg is present in the folder. On the tvshow fanart / poster view its unwanted, in the season view its nice, but not expected.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SETTOP-BOX :Apple TV 4K
Skin: Ariana
Database: MySQL
NAS: Synolgy DS1513+
Receiver: Maranz 1403 with B&W 3.1 speakers
TV: LG55OLEDC8
Rtassone

Post by Rtassone »

Has thee been any additional info or solutions posted about this issue. I am now also suffering the same problem - Thumbs are being used by MRMC in place of Posters for apparently random movies.

I have tried many solutions including deletion of all artwork and NFO files and re-construction to no avail!

HELP!!!!
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

should be fixed for the upcoming release
Rtassone

Post by Rtassone »

Greetings Everyone.....

Just checking in to see if the May update included a resolution to this issue?

I am running the current version...and the issue still persists.

Regards
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

As far as we can see it’s all good, and there has been no bug reports on it since.

What are you seeing? Debuglog please

Tried regenerating the thumbs? There is a setting that allows for clearing the thumbs and MrMC would recreate them
Rtassone

Post by Rtassone »

Hi and thanks for the prompt response...however sorry for the delay...the whole Covid thing is a bit of a distraction!!!!

Ok..I re-generated the thumbs...still an issue. As some background which may aid identification of the issue:

Attached you will find a photo of the issue....and screen caps of the Poster and Thumb properties

I use Tiny Media Manager to manage the library and to store the media/scrapped information locally.

While I was collecting the info...I noticed that the DPI for the two piles is very different....the poster is 300dpi...the Thumb is 72dpi. Is that the cause of the problem? I am going to adjust the dpi and see if that helps!!
Rtassone

Post by Rtassone »

Just realized I failed to do a Debug log dump...will do so today....
Rtassone

Post by Rtassone »

Generated the debug log...it uploaded to "the servers"...name WTI6W.log....

Been playing with DPI on the posters...no effect....

MRMC is a great app...I admit this is relative minor gripe...but it appears to be completely at random....affecting more and more media files.!?!