1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Posters and thumbs

Any Opacity skin issues go here
hempie

Posters and thumbs

Post by hempie »

On my new apple tv 4k 5th generation, i use the opacity skin with MrMC.

When adding my local folders, which where used till now with kodi and plex, in MrMC the skin shows Thumbs instead of the posters.

Is this a setting? If yes where can i find it, since i checked every setting, but nothing for showing Posters or Thumbs.

My posters and thumbs are named as the movie like:
movie.mkv
movie-poster.jpg
movie-thumb.jpg
movie-fanart.jpg
etc.

What am i doing wrong?

When refreshing and get the info from the web instead of local, it shows the correct poster but that would be a bad idea for my case, since i made all my movie posters myself.
I have about a 1000 movies and changing all posters manually would be a hell of a job.

When i do that then a need to change the thumb in MrMC and point it to the poster file next to the movie, then it shows my own posters.

So why does MrMC read the thumbs instead of the posters?
Running AppleTV 4k (5th generation) with MrMC.
Samsung UHD TV.
Denon X3500H Receiver.
Dali Oberon Speakers.
hempie

Re: Posters and thumbs

Post by hempie »

No one.... not even someone from the official team an answer to it?
Samsung UHD TV.
Denon X3500H Receiver.
Dali Oberon Speakers.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Not much to say, we don’t support that format unfortunately :(

If you want MrMC to pick it up, poster.jpg/png needs to be in a folder next to the movie file, same goes for fanart, banner and thumb
hempie

Post by hempie »

Thanks for your reply.

But i think you didnt understand my question.

It very simple actually. MrMC shows thumbs instead of movie posters in the library and shrinks them down to poster format.

I have all images next to the video stored in correct formats as you can read in my previous message.

It kinda worries me, since such thing can one expect when using kodi, but nor for a paid (by apple) supported app.
And i dont know what you mean by "we don’t support that format unfortunately :("

IMHO it has nothing to do with
supporting that format.
It is like so:
predator.mkv
predator-poster.jpg
poster.jpg
predator-thumb.jpg
thumb.jpg
etc. etc.
Samsung UHD TV.
Denon X3500H Receiver.
Dali Oberon Speakers.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I don’t think( would have to look into code) that we support “predator-poster.jpg” format.

If thumbs are selected over poster then its skin design and has nothing to do with Apple approved app , since Apple doesn’t care what option we choose to display.

My movie database has all posters and it’s all done as movie.mkv and poster.jpg , if you have a poster.jpg in your movie folder then there is an issue. If you expect to see movie-poster.jpg then as mentioned , I don’t think that we support that poster naming format.
hempie

Post by hempie »

Ok then that is clear.
But as mentioned, i have BOTH in the movie directories.

Moviename-poster.jpg AND poster.jpg.

Meanwhile i created Mysql database so i can see what is mentioned in the databases about thumb and poster.
I checked the database and i see that it says for poster display:

<thumb>http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/t2qq ... jpg</thumb>

It is teh correct image, but the MrMC doesnt show it. It shows the thumb instead and then changes the aspect rate of the thumb since the thumb image a different aspect as opposed to the poster image
Samsung UHD TV.
Denon X3500H Receiver.
Dali Oberon Speakers.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Let’s see the debuglog please
hempie

Post by hempie »

Not sure how to ge a debug log... i am on a apple TV 4K.... can not access files on that thing.

I played along with teh system meanwhile... and exported the video library to put the images next to the video.
I did that with fi. Dr. NO.

MrMC writes the following to the location:

Dr. No-poster.jpg
Dr. No-fanart.jpg
Dr. No.nfo

Thats all. Nothing else. No poster.jpg or fanart.jpg.

So we can conclude that MrMC does not support the image format WITHOUT the movie name in it.

For your info.... i tried with all 4 skins in it, but in all skins it shows only the thumb, not the poster.

Please note.... i am struggling with this for 4 days now. This really is a bad thing and makes MrMC for me not useable at all. I never paid for plex, kodi or whatever else these is.
I bought a new Apple TV 4k and your app, to do everything official, nothing illegal etc. but if a paid app (and approved by Apple) doesn't do what it is supposed to do.... i am back to illegal.
Samsung UHD TV.
Denon X3500H Receiver.
Dali Oberon Speakers.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

debuglog has the link, it will take you to the page that explains how to get one.

its my mistake, posters indeed have the moviename-poster.jpg, sorry

this is the code from my NFO file, and as you can see from my screenshot all is working okay on my side.

Code: Select all

<art>
    <poster>/share/Movies/Psycho (1960)/Psycho.1960.tbn</poster>
    <fanart>/share/Movies/Psycho (1960)/Psycho.1960-fanart.jpg</fanart>
    <fanart>/share/Movies/Psycho (1960)/Psycho.1960-fanart.jpg</fanart>
  </art>

Screenshot 2019-03-07 19.22.47.png
I cant stress enough how irrelevant the "Approved by Apple" comment is as like I said, they don't necessarily care how we display the info... it could all be just a generic movie tab :)

and I don't really get the legal/illegal part , but anyway...

EDIT: if the NFO file is found in the movie folder it will be used to populate all fields. were there any NFO files originally in the folder?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hempie

Post by hempie »

Well, i will not bother you anymore...

Just found a way better solution then MrMC and it is called INFUSION.

Wow these people know how ta make software. Just bought the lifetime license.

It is really bad that you guys give a trial with max 8 movies to show, and that worked well and me me decide to buy MrMC, which is a big disappointment. It totally doesn't work as the trial.

Really Really bad, and i feel scammed.
Samsung UHD TV.
Denon X3500H Receiver.
Dali Oberon Speakers.