1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Local Movieset Artwork

Development talk only
bdubnm

Local Movieset Artwork

Post by bdubnm »

Are there any plans to support local Movieset Artwork during library updates / scrapes? Lots of discussions on the Kodi boards and an add-on that was created that accomplishes the exact functionality I am looking for in MrMC.

Artwork Beef: https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwo ... fromfiles/
Artwork Beef: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886

My setup...
  • I use TinyMediaManager to scrape all movies and TV shows to create local NFO and image files.
  • I follow all recommended naming conventions for MrMC / Kodi.
  • I do this as I use both MrMC and Plex (wife, kids, and remote mobile) on 5 ATV4k in the house.
  • This allows for quick and consistent libraries across all devices and apps.
  • I use Local Information Only as scraper on my libraries in MrMC.
  • I use a plugin called XBMCnfoXXXImporter as the scraper agent in plex to use my local NFO files and images.
Basically, the use case is...
  • What I would like is for MrMC to pull the movieset-poster.png and movieset-fanart.png that is present in every individual movie directory that is part of a movieset.
  • If this doesn't work, I can modify the name and location of the movieset artwork to whatever works best for MrMC. Just publish the standard and I will follow.
  • The only way to currently update movieset artwork now is to use the MrMC UI and manually update it. This takes approximately a minute or so to accomplish per movieset. However, when you have 50+ moviesets and 5 separate devices to update, this can take hours to accomplish and is an unrealistic option.
Thanks for your time and consideration. New to this forum. Searched forum, couldn't find this issue. When google searching this issue, everything points to kodi forums. If this is the wrong location, please advise and I will move my post.

Bdubnm
amet
Team MrMC

Re: Local Movieset Artwork

Post by amet »

I think we can work on that, could you advise what would be the easiest way for me to setup my folders and artwork to test this issues and try to add relevant calls for it?

am I understanding this right? movieset-poster.png and movieset-fanart.png should display when movies are combined into sets?
Waltman

Post by Waltman »

amet wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 07:24
am I understanding this right? movieset-poster.png and movieset-fanart.png should display when movies are combined into sets?
Something like this would be very Nice. I use a folder called collection located inside the moviefolder. Inside this folder are collection-fanart and collection-poster.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

amet wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 07:24 I think we can work on that, could you advise what would be the easiest way for me to setup my folders and artwork to test this issues and try to add relevant calls for it?

Mine is that way too, movieset-poster.png and movieset-fanart.png
Apple TV 4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9
Apple TV4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Nakamichi 7.2.4 -> LG OLED77CX
Channels DVR w/ 2x HDHomeRun Prime
Patiently Testing all the things // Multiple other devices
bdubnm

Post by bdubnm »

amet wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 07:24 I think we can work on that, could you advise what would be the easiest way for me to setup my folders and artwork to test this issues and try to add relevant calls for it?

Amet, thanks for looking into this. You are correct in your assumptions. Typical folder structure would look like...
  • Fast & Furious (2009)
    • Fast & Furious (2009).m4v
    • Fast & Furious (2009).nfo
    • fanart.png
    • poster.png
    • movieset-fanart.png
    • movieset-poster.png
Fast & Furious (2009) is 1 of 8 movies in the "Fast and the Furious" movieset. All 8 movies in the set contain the same movieset-fanart.png and movieset-poster.png images in each of the 8 movie folders. NFO tag example...
  • <set>
    • <name>Fast and the Furious</name>
    • <overview>An action film series centered on illegal street racing and heists.</overview>
  • </set>
Right now, MrMC uses the fanart.png and poster.png from the first or last (not sure which) movie that is part of a set for the set artwork. We simply want it to use the movieset-xxx.png artwork instead IF it exists.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

I’ll look into it
goldenyann

Post by goldenyann »

Hello,

is there a solution?

I have exactly the same workflow.

thank you.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

fix pushed to betas, let us know if it works... or if it breaks something badly :)

see viewforum.php?f=10 for BetaTest(3.9.0 Google) and TestFlight (3.9.3) if you would like to test it.
goldenyann

Post by goldenyann »

works great !! Thank you !!!