1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Playback fails with Plex client

Support for the native Plex Client on any platform
Gingus

Playback fails with Plex client

Post by Gingus »

Hello

I have been having issues for the last couple of months with using the Plex client within MrMC.

I am using MRMC on an Nvidia Shield connected wirelessly over a home network to my router. My Plex Server is located on a Synology Nas attached directly to the router.

I have had this working flawlessly before, but for reasons unknown it has stopped working when I try and play 4k, or 1080p media sources using the Plex client. When I click play, it simply goes back to the movie menu, and some time later I get a message in MRMC saying "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message."

The log however doesn't have any information about the error.

I can get movies to play if I use my Plex Server as a UPNP source in MRMC, but not with the Plex client in MRMC which was how i had it working previously.

Interestingly, I can play SD movies in MrMC with the Plex client, and when I look at the Plex dashboard while the movie is playing it shows that I am playing a Remote stream not a local one. So it looks to me like MRMC is not being recognized as on the same network as my Plex Server, which is slightly odd.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and managed to resolve it? If not I would be grateful if one of the Devs could please assist me in resolving this.

Thanks in advance
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Playback fails with Plex client

Post by davilla »

timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

A debuglog should specifically show what the issue is, but I have had at least a similar message in the past when my Shield was on Wifi. I found that after a day (sometimes 2-3 days) the Shield would end up with a horrible Wifi connect and only be getting about 20kbps even though the settings showed it was connected to my 802.11AC access point in the room. Restarting the Shield itself was the only way I fixed it. Now that I'm on Ethernet (they fixed a weird audio issue that only happened on Ethernet during the last update), I haven't had this problem.
Apple TV 4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9
Apple TV4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Nakamichi 7.2.4 -> LG OLED77CX
Channels DVR w/ 2x HDHomeRun Prime
Patiently Testing all the things // Multiple other devices
Gingus

Post by Gingus »

timstephens24 wrote: 22 Jan 2019, 22:08 A debuglog should specifically show what the issue is, but I have had at least a similar message in the past when my Shield was on Wifi. I found that after a day (sometimes 2-3 days) the Shield would end up with a horrible Wifi connect and only be getting about 20kbps even though the settings showed it was connected to my 802.11AC access point in the room. Restarting the Shield itself was the only way I fixed it. Now that I'm on Ethernet (they fixed a weird audio issue that only happened on Ethernet during the last update), I haven't had this problem.
Hello, thanks for the reply. I am not sure this is quite the same issue. I don't really struggle with the wifi connection speed. For example I regularly stream uncompressed 4k movies, with atmos tracks etc using the native android Plex app on the shield with no issues. It seems to be a specific problem when trying to stream through the Plex client in MrMc. Plex is seeing it as a remote device, rather than one on the same network. Now obviously i could just stream using the android Plex app, but I prefer the MRMC player and the options it allows for resolution switching etc.

I'll follow davilla's instructions to produce the debug log. Hopefully that will pinpoint the issue!
Gingus

Post by Gingus »

davilla wrote: 22 Jan 2019, 22:04debuglog :)
Hello, thanks for getting back to me. The link to the debug log is attached.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

https://pastebin.com/hKxaTqns
Gingus

Post by Gingus »

Gingus wrote: 23 Jan 2019, 17:16
davilla wrote: 22 Jan 2019, 22:04debuglog :)
Hello, thanks for getting back to me. The link to the debug log is attached.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

https://pastebin.com/hKxaTqns
Hi There....just wondering if anyone has been able to take a look at the log I posted a few weeks back?

Thanks for your support!
changlish76

Post by changlish76 »

Same issue with plex extension for MrMC on fire, here is my debug log:

https://pastebin.com/8ji5Nbez

The video will play in native plex app however
Gingus

Post by Gingus »

Hi there, had anyone had a chance to take a look at the logs pasted here? Any ideas on what the issue is yet?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

no idea why it doesnt work for you, works here ...

lets see latest debuglog please, we had some plex changes in 3.8.0
Gingus

Post by Gingus »

amet wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 21:08 no idea why it doesnt work for you, works here ...

lets see latest debuglog please, we had some plex changes in 3.8.0
Hi, Attaching a debuglog from today.

https://pastebin.com/xFYVhF45

I restarted MrMc, then once it had started up I did the following

1. Played an SD movie through the Plex extension. All movies are stored in a local NAS running Plex Server on the same network connected to my router. This played succesfully. However as mentioned above, I checked on the Plex Server while this stream was playing and it is showing as a remote device, despite being on the same network.

2. Attempted to play a 4k movie on the same server. Nothing happened. mrmc simply exits to the menu screen.

3. Attempted to play another 4k movie on the same server. then received an error message "Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message."

I then repeated 2 and 3 again with different movies with the same result.

Please let me know if you need further information from my end. Up until a couple of months ago, this was all working flawlessly. So I am not sure what happened. As I said above, everything plays perfectly through the native android plex app on the Shield, and the plex server shows a local stream when I play using this app.

For some reason when using MrMC on Shield, for the SD movies that will play, it sees these as a remote stream. I am not sure if this has something to do with the issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter