1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Recommended settings for Shield and MrMC?

Any issues that are Nvidia Shield TV specific
Shasarak

Recommended settings for Shield and MrMC?

Post by Shasarak » 10 Jun 2018, 08:23

There have been one or two other threads about this in the past, but none of them have really produced satisfactory answers, so I'll ask again. :)

When running MrMC on the Nvidia Shield TV, what settings should be used, both on the Shield itself and within MrMC, to get the best possible video and audio quality?

Some notes on my set-up, in case it's relevant:

- The TV is an LG OLED65G6.

- In between the Shield and the TV is a Lumagen RadiancePro video processor.

- Audio at the moment is being handled by my Oppo 105D blu ray player, which has an HDMI input and 7.1 analogue audio out. It can handle DD, DTS and DD+ bitstreamed, but not DTS-HD or TrueHD; it can, however, handle multichannel PCM via HDMI, up to 7.1/24-bit/96kHz, or 5.1/24-bit/192kHZ.

- Videos are read from an NFS share across the LAN.

Other things to note:

- I am extremely sensitive to 60Hz judder on 24Hz source material.

- I always use subtitles when available.

- To get the best out of the Lumagen, it's important that the video output be as "raw" as possible - so ideally there should be no upscaling, deinterlacing, chroma upsampling, or post-processing. This is not feasible for SD sources on the Shield, but I'd like to get as close as possible.

- I watch a mixture of SD, HD, 4K and 4K/HDR material.

tomster

Re: Recommended settings for Shield and MrMC?

Post by tomster » 11 Aug 2018, 12:06

Would like to know exactly the same. What are the best settings for MrMC on a Shield?