1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

testing MrMC 3.0.7

Old TestFlight threads
davilla
Team MrMC

testing MrMC 3.0.7

Post by davilla »

How to request Testflight access: Send an email to [email protected] with the subject "I'll be back", include your email address tied to device, which flavor (tvOS, iOS or GooglePlay). Users that are already in testflight 3.0.6 are already in this series.

Released for tvOS.
Pending for Amazon/GooglePlay.
For GooglePlay Beta Testers only, https://play.google.com/apps/testing/tv.mrmc.mrmc
For Amazon. Note, if you opted-out of Amazon marketing communications, you will not get the notification email.

With this series, we have totally refactored tvOS Siri Remote handling to make it more resemble behavior under other tvOS apps. This also brings in customcontroller.SiriRemote.xml, so now users can alter the keymap behavior if desired.

Remember, for all issues, the 1st thing we will be asking for is debuglog.

(20170611-0c2f1c8)
update metadata.themoviedb.org to 3.9.4
update metadata.universal to 2.8.3
add metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org scraper
update metadata.common.fanart.tv to 3.1.4
update metadata.common.imdb.com to 2.8.7
update metadata.common.musicbrainz.org to 2.1.1
update metadata.common.themoviedb.org to 2.15.0
core: guilib, add GetSelectionRenderRect to return render rect of hilighted focused control
core: guilib, add public GetOrientation to CGUIControl
core: darwin/tvos, add keymap handler for Siri remote, thx memphiz
core: darwin/tvOS changeover to SiriRemote keymap and rework Siri handling using microGamepad

(20170616-c488702)
core: fixed upside down bookmarks in droid
core: check for new skin later, after UI has been loaded
core: tvOS. Siri handling fixes
core: tvOS. Add dynamic focus engine effect for Siri swipe/pan'

( 20170617-75938d0)
More Siri tweaks

(20170617-24f8081)
Siri tweaks:
Guard clamp on tap removed.
Pan bounds increased a bit to reduce sensitivity.

(20170618-89708a5)
zoom effect changed
swipe on edge -> page up/down
pan auto-scroll

(20170621-2a7f354)
tvOS: fixed Siri pan item creep/auto-repeat issues
tvOS: fixed annoying visual focus effects when auto-repeat panning
tvOS: fixed Siri edge swipe page jump to only work on edges

3.0.7 (170624.826)
- Plex and Emby delete from library, needs to be enabled in MrMC settings and on the server
- More Siri remote tweaks
- fixed some OpenSubtitle login corner cases

3.0.7 (170624.1414)
Lets try again!

- Plex and Emby delete from library, needs to be enabled in MrMC settings and on the server
- More Siri remote tweaks
- fixed some OpenSubtitle login corner cases
timstephens24

Re: testing MrMC 3.0.7

Post by timstephens24 »

:mrgreen:
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

just to be clear, we need feedback on Siri remote handling... and other things, but Siri remote handling please :)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

I just checked testflight on my apple tv. no update. Am I in the testflight? If I understand correctly it has been released.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

ahhh snap, forgot about needing beta review. It's waiting on that.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

davilla wrote: 11 Jun 2017, 19:22 ahhh snap, forgot about needing beta review. It's waiting on that.
Finally passed beta review and is out for tvOS.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

/me turns another cheek for Siri changes... or should it be you @davilla? :)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

I've had a go with the new siri remote stuff. I have the tvOS touch surface tracking at medium speed.

I'd never wished for the scrolling emulation and right now I wish I could shut it off like I could before. :)

It works much better than before but instead of a scroll happening as I scroll, it's delayed. Even taps on edges seem delayed compared to before. The edge tapping also seems to be more strict. I have to tap it just right for it to register.

I'd love to hear from others who've used Kodi and say the scrolling in that app works wonderfully....to see how this compares.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

touchpad is -1, 1 in bounds. there is a -0.4, 0.4 rect in center that acts as an exclusion bounds. taps there are ignored. we could tighten that up a bit.

scrolling (ie. panning) has -0.75, 0.75 rect around initial tap point, if tap point moves (finger down, moving), it has to go outside that bounding rect before it registers as moving the focus point. This is trying to emulate how it works outside of MrMC in other Apps. Again, we could try to tighten this up. We could also add a settings back to turn off panning.

As for 'delays', we go through the same '- (void)sendButtonPressed:(int)buttonId' that kodi does.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

davilla wrote: 12 Jun 2017, 20:42 touchpad is -1, 1 in bounds. there is a -0.4, 0.4 rect in center that acts as an exclusion bounds. taps there are ignored. we could tighten that up a bit.

scrolling (ie. panning) has -0.75, 0.75 rect around initial tap point, if tap point moves (finger down, moving), it has to go outside that bounding rect before it registers as moving the focus point. This is trying to emulate how it works outside of MrMC in other Apps. Again, we could try to tighten this up. We could also add a settings back to turn off panning.

As for 'delays', we go through the same '- (void)sendButtonPressed:(int)buttonId' that kodi does.
I've never used Kodi on ATV4 so I wouldn't know.

My thought is that taps on edges need to register as taps a little easier. When you say tighten up that makes it sound like you'd make taps even more difficult. Have those parameters changed from the previous build?