1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

testing MrMC 3.1.0

Old TestFlight threads
jabohn

Re: testing MrMC 3.1.0

Post by jabohn »

mikehadfield wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 11:58 1. Where is the Quit the app option? Once it has launched there is no way to close MrMC.
2. Would it be possible to add the episode title to the recently added/in process text on the deck (So it would be Show Name - Season & Episode Number - Episode title.
#1 - don't think this will happen. In tvOS and iOS there is never any Quitting of apps unless you force them. Not sure about other platforms but they want it the same.
#2 - this would be great!
DC1983

Post by DC1983 »

jabohn wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 15:29
mikehadfield wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 11:58 1. Where is the Quit the app option? Once it has launched there is no way to close MrMC.
2. Would it be possible to add the episode title to the recently added/in process text on the deck (So it would be Show Name - Season & Episode Number - Episode title.
#1 - don't think this will happen. In tvOS and iOS there is never any Quitting of apps unless you force them. Not sure about other platforms but they want it the same.
#2 - this would be great!
If you are using the app on the fire tv, long press of the back button will give you the quit option.
Looxoor

Post by Looxoor »

mikehadfield wrote:...
Me three!
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Looxoor wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 19:13
mikehadfield wrote:...
Me three!
No problem, will get to it
three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool »

Hello, I have been enjoying testing MrMC with new Opacity Skin.

However, I am having issues with a more core function of MrMC, that has never been problematic for me in previous versions, and that is LiveTV using MediaPortal PVR addon.

For some reason, a couple of channels have problems with either no audio at all, or audio that is choppy/out of sync, or audio that cuts in about 30-40 seconds after selecting the channel, or audio that cuts in and out every few seconds.

I come from New Zealand, so our system is DVB-T, and channels are both HD and SD.
I have tried a few things to remedy things, and isolate the issue, but it seems to be something occurring with MrMC.
I have two AppleTV 4's , and both have same issues, and are connected to different AVR's.

I tried retro grading MrMC back to last official release 3.09, and same no audio or stutter, so am kinda bewildered as to why this is occurring, as I have not changed anything on my TVServer running media portal on a PC.

Is weird how it only affects a couple of channels. I was wondering if a reception issue can cause MrMC to to exhibit the above behavior.? The odd thing is that both channels play fine in native MediaPortal client, and also fine in Windows Kodi client, and also fine in Kodi on Raspberry PI3 client.
However, have the stutter issues on both the AppleTV's running the latest TestFlight of MrMC, or the earlier 3.09 retail release. Same issues.

I even tried nuking one of the AppleTV's back to factory condition, and installing MrMC from scratch.
Have tested using both wireless and Ethernet, with same audio issues, so does not appear to be network related.

My main TV with built in Freeviw DVB-T on it's signal analysis reports 100% quality, with signal strength of 90%, and similar high signal when checking MediaPortal tuner settings on the PC's Tuners.

Have fiddled with buffers, SMB...all to no avail.
Even re-imaged my PC server back to known good configuration.
Movies from Plex, all other TV channels work fine... But have the audio stutter/no audio on the 2 channels.

I can not work out why everything is fine on all the other clients, but only happens using MrMC.
just wondering if anyone else has experienced audio stutter issues?

Could some interference be causing this?, and if so, why does it work fine on other clients?.

Apologies if this is wrong forum, but only noticed the issue first while TestFlighting.
Will post logs, but while messing with things, have kinda frigged everything up...if you know what I mean.
three6zerocool

Post by three6zerocool »

Captains log: Additional.

Have emailed debug log to the support at MrMC.tv email address.
Again, apologies for the longish posting, no offense intended to the administrators or the excellent users on here.

Thanks people.
Looxoor

Post by Looxoor »

I found an issue with the the skin on touch.

I tried the subtitle time compensation feature and

a) there seems to be left and right buttons which light up on touch but doesn't affect the time slider, which is a shame because a slider on a 5.5" touch screen doesn't really make for precision settings. Touching on the left and right side of the screen to make increments/decrements of 100 ms as on the regular MrMC would be perfect and very much needed.

b) I found no obvious way to exit the dialog. I'm thinking maybe a done-button?
DC1983

Post by DC1983 »

cosmoxl wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 14:19 Something I'd like to see in Opacity is the addition of the ability to use the "back" button to bring the selection back to the main menu of MrMC when we are scrolling through recently added or in progress. As it is we have to click left all the way back.
+1 , I'd definitely find this useful.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

Is there such a thing as a long "press" of the menu button on apple tv 4? If so, could we have exiting the app require a long press? In that way it would sort of be analogous to the other platforms. I keep finding myself exiting the app accidentally pressing the menu button. :)
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

cosmoxl wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 15:26 Is there such a thing as a long "press" of the menu button on apple tv 4? If so, could we have exiting the app require a long press? In that way it would sort of be analogous to the other platforms. I keep finding myself exiting the app accidentally pressing the menu button. :)
No, quitting an App is specifically forbidden on iOS/tvOS. Adding this ability would be an automatic reject during review process.

Just an FYI, recent Netflix App update has a changed menu behavior. menu goes back but not out of app on Netflix home, to do this require long press on menu. Which is forbidden and an automatic reject during review process :) Not sure if Apple changed the rules or somehow Netflix slipped by during it's review.