1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

EDL file skip / comskip broken on >= 3.0

Report any issues you might have in here
morbo1980

Re: EDL file skip / comskip broken on >= 3.0

Post by morbo1980 »

Hi Davilla,

I've tested that build and there seems to be some problems.

The notification message that pops up just before a commercial skip says "Automatically start subtitle search". The wording in Kodi on Windows is "Commercial" with a sub line that says the amount of time that will be skipped. 3.0.7 from Testflight says nothing (which is the same as 3.0.7 release on iOS).

There are some inconsistencies with the automatic skipping. Here are some test cases you can use.

Test 1. Play file from beginning and don't try to manually skip. Video starts from the 2:15 mark (after an immediate autoskip which is the expected behaviour). First commercial break is skipped at 12:12 correctly. The second commercial break at 19:42 is not skipped.

Test 2. Play file from beginning (with auto jump to 2:15). Skip manually to roughly 11:30 and let file play. Commercial at 12:12 is not skipped and no message is displayed. 3.0.7 will attempt to skip but show the broken behaviour. Kodi on Windows works correctly.

Test 3. Play file and skip to roughly 11:30 mark. Stop playback. Start playback choosing option to resume, commercial at 12:12 will be skipped correctly. Allow playback to continue and the second commercial break at 19:42 is not skipped. 3.0.7 on iOS will attempt to skip both commercial breaks but show the broken behaviour. Kodi on Windows will skip both commercial breaks correctly.

Test 4. Play file and skip to roughly 19:30. Stop playback. Start playback choosing option to resume, commercial at 19:42 will not be skipped. 3.0.7 on iOS attempts to skip but shows the broken behaviour. Kodi on Windows skips correctly.

Let me know if there is anything you need from me.

Thanks,
Ben
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Need to see some debuglog 's as it seems to be working fine here with that test file.

The notification message is wrong, string id collision it seems :)
morbo1980

Post by morbo1980 »

Hi Davilla,

Not sure what's going on as Test 2 and Test 4 are now working correctly for me (except that the text is still wrong in the popup notification just before it skips, although it is showing the time that will be skipped now on the second line). I didn't try Test 3 as it is invalid now that Test 2 is working.

Test 1 still has the problem though where the skips at the start and at 12:12 are correct but the one at 19:42 isn't done.

Here is the debug log from Test 1: https://pastebin.com/Ymz4Bvgy

Thanks,
Ben
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

More fixes coming but testflight v3.0.9 is closed out now. We can continue chasing this under testflight v3.1.0 series which will go out in a bit.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

I just did a script to copy the EDL's that my DVR creates into the same folder as my recordings so I can help test. I didn't really know there was EDL support, so that's cool.
morbo1980

Post by morbo1980 »

No problem.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

morbo1980 wrote: 18 Jul 2017, 08:39No problem.
No problem as in testflight 3.1.0 fixed any issues ?
morbo1980

Post by morbo1980 »

Sorry for the confusion, I meant I'm ok that no more work will be done for this in 3.0.9. I haven't done any testing in 3.1.0.
morbo1980

Post by morbo1980 »

I've downloaded 3.1.0 from Testflight and done some testing.

It's better than before but there is some inconsistent behaviour.

Test 1: I played the file all the way through and all commercial skips worked correctly (including the final commercial break at 26:45 which I hadn't tested before).

Test 2: Works. I let the video run after this to see what would happen for the other commercial breaks. 19:42 wasn't skipped but 26:45 was.
This is captured in this debug log. https://pastebin.com/9sPr5Wut Please note that I didn't restart MrMC between Test 1 and Test 2 so you can see both in this one file.

Test 3: Play file and skip to roughly 11:30 mark. Stop playback. Start playback choosing option to resume. With this test sometimes the skip at 12:12 isn't executed. I have captured this inconsistency in this debug log https://pastebin.com/GJWww5iH I played the video from the start six times skipping to about 11:30, stopping playback, then resuming playback and letting it play through the 12:12 mark to see if it would skip. The first five times it worked correctly but on the sixth it didn't skip.

Test 3a: Same as above but without the stop and resume playback step so it's faster to test. Start playback from start, skip to around 11:30, let the file play through 12:12 to see if it skips the commercial. I played it three times. The first two times it skipped the commercial correctly, but the third time it didn't. Logs https://pastebin.com/26Ek9fdX

I think Test 3a is the easiest test to try and replicate this. I think if I tried Test 2 again it would probably work correctly. There must be some timing issue which probably explains why you and I haven't always been able to replicate the failure in some of my tests. But the notification popup says "Commercial" now so getting closer!

Thanks,
Ben
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »