1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MrMC v3.0.5 on tvOS

Public Announcements and News subforum
davilla
Team MrMC

MrMC v3.0.5 on tvOS

Post by davilla »

Update:
core: libdsm, bring back session caching
core: libdsm: check for errors session create instead of timing out
core: add back the other flavor of samba for android
core: show sets when services are enabled in skin.mrmc
backport: [3d] Avoid switching stereo mode based on current display mode
backport: fix aspect ratio for matroska containers for stereo modes

Fixed:
Revert: set DSM as default SMB service
Revert: smb: remove FORCEV1 setting
fixed: emby set watched
fixed: when called to stop app, stop rendering
fixed: crash on exit. CGUITextureManager is a global and we have no clue when it gets destructed.
fixed, revert program stream selection for m3u8
fixed: memory leak and potential crashes
Hankster

Re: MrMC v3.0.5 on tvOS

Post by Hankster »

Strange issue with v3.0.5 on tvOS.

Two Apple TV 4 devices and both show the same symptom.

Content hosted on WD ex4 NAS through SMB, after updating to v3.0.5 the library for Movies (content set to movies) started duplicating entries, subsequent scraping continued the trend adding multiple entries until there were 7-8 for each movie. TV content did not do this, same NAS (sepereate folder) and content set to TV.

Attempting to clean the library had no effect, the clean library function ran for a significantly longer time than usual (20 min or so for 1280+ entries) when complete the additional entries for each movie remained,

Unfortunately I cannot share a log as my solution was to completely remove the content from MrMC, remove the MrMC app, reload from the App Store and reload content.

Will share a log if it happens again.

Hank
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Hankster wrote: 05 Jun 2017, 13:43 Strange issue with v3.0.5 on tvOS.

Two Apple TV 4 devices and both show the same symptom.

Content hosted on WD ex4 NAS through SMB, after updating to v3.0.5 the library for Movies (content set to movies) started duplicating entries, subsequent scraping continued the trend adding multiple entries until there were 7-8 for each movie. TV content did not do this, same NAS (sepereate folder) and content set to TV.

Attempting to clean the library had no effect, the clean library function ran for a significantly longer time than usual (20 min or so for 1280+ entries) when complete the additional entries for each movie remained,

Unfortunately I cannot share a log as my solution was to completely remove the content from MrMC, remove the MrMC app, reload from the App Store and reload content.

Will share a log if it happens again.

Hank
This is a v3.0.5 quirk that is removed in testflight v3.0.6. Basically you have both name and ip entries in your mysql database. This can happen when you have multiple setups and add a source using ip for one, hostname for for the other.

Seemed like a good idea to auto map hostnames to ip but turned out bad in practice :)
Hankster

Post by Hankster »

You nailed it Davilla.

Funny thing is, when I "started from scratch" I decided that something like what you described may be the issue, so I chose to browse and use the host name for both Apple TVs to see if that may be the issue.

Sure enough it has not reoccurred since the reload.

Thanks for confirming I am not crazy!

Still love the app, now on two Apple TVs and an Nvidia Shield!

Hank.
loekf2

Post by loekf2 »

davilla wrote: 05 Jun 2017, 10:54 Update:
core: libdsm, bring back session caching
core: libdsm: check for errors session create instead of timing out
Fixed:
Revert: set DSM as default SMB service
Revert: smb: remove FORCEV1 setting
My NAS timeouts popped up again, despite increasing the timeout to 12 secs. I have libdsm enabled. It's the same thing again, so STREAM errors, prompting for a password etc. when you select a share. Then when the NAS is finally from sleep mode, all is ok again. Didn't increase the timeout further (can I even ?).

My QNAP TS-451 is running 4.3.3 build 188.

Another thing, which popped up. There's a big *pop* (distorted audio) at the beginning of playback. Doesn't matter whether it's a DTS encoded file (passthru enabled) or e.g. AAC encoded audio. It's not receiver related. Last night I hooked up my new Onkyo TX-NR676 and it's still here (used to have a 636).

I checked Kodi 17.2 on my Shield TV and it's not there.

It's not video file related. Do you do some kind of fade-in when playback starts ?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

are you in testflight ?
fmontant

Post by fmontant »

I'm sorry but version 3.05 does not work on my AppleTV4.
Passtrouth sound does not work
The jackets do not load any more
And the search time of new media on my hard drive lasts hours ...
Do you have a solution ? A 3.06 version I have testflight?

Soory for my english i'm french and dont speak and write in english
loekf2

Post by loekf2 »

davilla wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 15:44 are you in testflight ?
Nope, not for a while.

One thing I noticed was that since the 3.0.5 update SMB I had libdsm disabled. I am pretty sure I was using libdsm before the update. I am bit confused, because AFAIK in the release notes you mentioned that the default would be libdsm.
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

loekf2 wrote: 08 Jun 2017, 18:54
davilla wrote: 07 Jun 2017, 15:44 are you in testflight ?
Nope, not for a while.

One thing I noticed was that since the 3.0.5 update SMB I had libdsm disabled. I am pretty sure I was using libdsm before the update. I am bit confused, because AFAIK in the release notes you mentioned that the default would be libdsm.
Default was kicked back to libsmbclient because of reports of problems with libdsm. If libdsm works for you, switch it back.