1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

MySQL Woes

Any issues that are iOS specific
Buadhai

MySQL Woes

Post by Buadhai »

MrMC for iOS 3.05
MySQL Server hosted on a Mac Mini

I've been using a shared library via MySQL for many years. When I installed MrMC on my three ATV4s all I did was complete the MySQL client section with:

Server: 192.168.0.75
Port: 3306
Username: XBMC
Password: XBMC

And, it worked like a charm every time.

Today I installed MrMC on my iPad and made the same exact entries, but I get lots of this sort of error in the log:

Code: Select all

14:40:12 T:6141079552   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos76 [1045](Access denied for user 'XBMC'@'mpad' (using password: YES))
14:40:12 T:6141079552   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos75 [1045](Access denied for user 'XBMC'@'mpad' (using password: YES))
14:40:12 T:6141079552   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos107 [1045](Access denied for user 'XBMC'@'mpad' (using password: YES))
No idea where the 'mpad' came from. The iPad's name is MGNpad

Here's what the grants for user xbmc look like in MySQL:

Code: Select all

mysql> show grants for 'xbmc';
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for xbmc@%                                                                                            |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'xbmc'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*EC4F5173DE994BFEAB7040A4A32B4ED6DE26F6F0' |
I've read the two references in the "[How-to] MySQL database" post, but I don't understand them well enough to know what to do.

Why did this work fine on all the ATV4s, but not the iPad?
amet
Team MrMC

Re: MySQL Woes

Post by amet »

Could it be "XBMC" vs "xbmc" ?

Seems that iPad has username in capital letters
Buadhai

Post by Buadhai »

Turns out to have been a comedy of errors.

At first I had he case wrong (thanks autocorrect).

Then I fixed that, but left the database table names blank. So, MrMC was searching for the default names (myvideo and mymusic) which don't exist on my server.

I fixed that after I read your post and check the logs for the spot where I corrected the case.

All is well now.

Thank you.
Buadhai

Post by Buadhai »

Interesting, though, that the ATV version of MrMC displays all the SQL data in upper case....

When I first set up the iPad I was copying from this screen.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

That's the font used in Amber skin, change to default skin and it will be lowercase
Buadhai

Post by Buadhai »

Ha!

Fooled again.

I couldn't remember the sql user name and password so I figured I'd just copy from the ATV4.

:roll:
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

In Amber if you open it up like you're going to edit it it'll show you the case of the letters (instead of switching back to the default skin just to look at case).