1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Can I Downgrade?

Introduce yourself here
pmcdunnough

Re: Can I Downgrade?

Post by pmcdunnough »

I have a Plex server on a Qnap. If I use it in place of the MySQL server, also running on the QNAP, then will I get the same layout on MrMC? As I recall, when using the Amber skin, when I would click on Movies I would get another menu item called PleX that I would have to click to get to Movies. Might seem minor but when clicking on Movies I would like to see a list, or whatever, of movies. Same with TV Series. The other issue was the lack of ratings but perhaps it's all different now. Bottom line is I would love to use PleX instead of MySQL if I could get the same layout.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

pmcdunnough wrote:I have a Plex server on a Qnap. If I use it in place of the MySQL server, also running on the QNAP, then will I get the same layout on MrMC? As I recall, when using the Amber skin, when I would click on Movies I would get another menu item called PleX that I would have to click to get to Movies. Might seem minor but when clicking on Movies I would like to see a list, or whatever, of movies. Same with TV Series. The other issue was the lack of ratings but perhaps it's all different now. Bottom line is I would love to use PleX instead of MySQL if I could get the same layout.
in movies there are choices depending on what plex libraries you have. and tv shows will be under tv shows, obviously.

but every other library you add will show up under movies. for example, I've created a plex library for our travel home videos. That shows up under movies.

this doesn't really bug me and I've never thought to complain because I figured there were technical limitations in transferring the library types that plex supports over to the library types that MrMC has native. Without creating a whole new GUI it seems impossible.
pmcdunnough

Post by pmcdunnough »

I have a PleX library called Movies. When I click on it I get movies (in PleX). But in MrMC when I clicked on Movies the last time I tried I got another list one of which was PleX Movies or something like that. I then had to click that to get the list. Might seem minor but for some odd reason it really annoyed me! I guess there are limitations but wouldn't that also hold for MySQL?
There I get exactly the layout MrMC is meant to provide.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

If you have MySQL and plex enabled then going into Movies will list both, MrMC- Movies and Plex(O) - "name of the server" Movies, then you select which you would like to see.. it adds another step and that's intentional to not display both libraries mixed up( and to speed it up if you have many shared libraries)

If you disable MySQL and have not setup any sources for MrMC database, enable plex and it will list Plex library immediately on entering Movies
davidvb

Post by davidvb »

Out of interest and maybe learn something new; what benefit is there in connecting to NAS hosted instances of Kodi or Plex (sooo slooow) when MrMC can connect directly to your Movies/Series/Music folders on your NAS instead?

Is there any big benefit besides maybe not for having to wait 5 seconds for multi-path sources to connect on first session first
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Plex server asset caching will get implemented soon. We picked the initial non-caching approach to be sure all assets showed up and to separate server pull vs server caching issues.

The main difficulty in caching is knowing when something has been changed/added/removed on server side without having to check all the assets. Plex does implement both websockets and eventsource (server-side events) BUT they only work with owned resources. Emby (in progress) has websockets that work with both owned and shared resources. What websockets/eventsource means is MrMC can get messages back from plex/emby servers that indicate some asset was changed/added/removed and MrMC can take the appropriate action.

For Plex/Shared servers, we have two choices. a) mark them non-cached and pull each time. b) mark them cached and periodically pull the entire list of assets and update. Until Plex implements websockets/eventsource for shared assets.