1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Trying to build thru xcode

Any issues that are tvOS specific
Selest

Trying to build thru xcode

Post by Selest »

Hello,

I am a paying customer of mrmc but i also want to build a working version thru the github... i have gotten thru most of it with the exception of a few errors keeping me from completing the build...

Is there a build wiki for tvos? I have tried following the ios version but it has lead me to the errors i am currently having. Not even sure if this is the right place to bring this up.

Thanks
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: Trying to build thru xcode

Post by davilla »

build depends with

./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-tarballs=/Users/Shared/tarballs --prefix=/Users/Shared/mrmc-depends --with-cpu=arm64 --with-platform=tvos

your prefix will be different or use the default

make -C tool/depends/target/xbmc

make xcode_depends

then build tvOS in xcode. we use xcode 2.8.1 right now.

EDIT: that's Xcode 8.2.1 :)
Selest

Post by Selest »

Ok thanks a lot! Going to give a try...

Did you mean 8.2.1 for xcode?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

Selest wrote:Ok thanks a lot! Going to give a try...

Did you mean 8.2.1 for xcode?
yes
Selest

Post by Selest »

Well I am not sure what wrongs but Mrmc freezes immediately upon opening on the ATV4. It builds just fine in Xcode and then installs just fine but once it starts running it freezes right away and gives me and error that is in the pic below .

here are my procedures maybe someone can point out where i went wrong

cd $HOME

git clone git://github.com/mrmc/mrmc.git MrMC

cd $HOME/MrMC

cd tools/depends

./bootstrap

./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-cpu=arm64 --with-platform=tvos

make

cd $HOME/MrMC

make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc

make -C tools/depends/target/binary-addons

make clean

make xcode_depends

I then start Xcode

I then change bundle identifiers in tvos and top shelf by adding my last name

I then add my provisioning profile to tvOS and top shelf areas

i then add added "group app" to my app id which then showed up under "App Groups" under Capabilities with check marks

I then run it to my apple tv and it gets all the way thru to the installation but when it starts running is either freezes or crashes right away.

Any help would be appreciated. Using Xcode 8.2.1.

Thanks
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

what does "bt all" give you?

paste it on pastebin.com please
Selest

Post by Selest »

Hi Amet

here is the result of the bt all

http://pastebin.com/7QY2LNkZ

thanks for any help
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

add this patch ( http://pastebin.com/kpuYjmmr )

The issue is topshelf uses group.tv.mrmc.shared and that is via our account. You would need to add your own group/topshelf IDs.
Selest

Post by Selest »

Don't mean this to be a stupid question but I am little new to using Xcode and terminal...... do i apply this patch thru terminal in a specific folder or can this be patched thru Xcode somewhere such as the debug console area?

Thanks for the help davilla

Edit: Since i didnt know how to patch i went into the file itself and modified its contents. I noticed the group identifiers were still under mrmc even though they were changed under capacities.....so i changed them to the ones i created yesterday and it seemed to have worked. Got a running install. Hope it right. Thanks a lot for the help.
Selest

Post by Selest »

Edit2

I removed my edit i wrote about above and basically started over and manually patched what you suggested by editing the file. Either way that i do it...they both install just fine, run well expect for one issue. The only problem I am having now is the skin that I use (PM3) is running at a very high cpu usage. 60-70%, ironically the other 3 skins run just fine at 8-11% on average. I haven't done anything to settings yet except just run this file on the atv. but this high cpu usage is causing intermitant freezing. Seems like i just can win on this.... any ideas?

here is the log, I have noticed the app store version on my other ATV's is shown cpu usage at about half that on the similar skins...

http://pastebin.com/NRLUxX7P

btw if this is still a top shelf problem is there a way to disable it then... i am not really keen about having my movies shown at the top anyway.