1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Future Platform support

Public Announcements and News subforum

What other platforms would you like to see supported

Poll ended at 08 Mar 2016, 17:00

Darwin OSX
15%
iOS/tvOS is enough
49%
Android (google play)
9%
Android (amazon store)
5%
Tizen (samsung smart TVs)
11%
OpenElec (Linux)
11%

Total votes: 115

Old-Toast

Re: Future Platform support

Post by Old-Toast »

davilla wrote:
Old-Toast wrote:So I picked up an xbox one real cheap now that MS have a newer model out, I know you ruled out any uwp version of MrMC at the start of this thread, that said Microsoft have updated the uwp platform as part of the anniversary win10 update, has anything changed that might improve the odds ?

They released a tool which checks out your iOS app via web browser and tells you how much is already supported in the uwp framework.

If it's way too big a job I understand.
I took a quick look, seems like they are emulating much of the iOS API. Ok that's a good step but we also have about 25+ dependent libs that would need to get built and windows support was stripped out long ago.

I'd much rather put the time into Tizen :)
Fair enough thanks for taking a look.
tredman

Post by tredman »

@davilla I saw your post on the kodi forum about the shield (and unwittingly started all the crap from others, apologies!).

I'm very much looking forward to shield having MrMC (I'm tired of being thought a pirate because I use kodi), do you have any further details on it or an estimated timeline?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

tredman wrote:@davilla I saw your post on the kodi forum about the shield (and unwittingly started all the crap from others, apologies!).

I'm very much looking forward to shield having MrMC (I'm tired of being thought a pirate because I use kodi), do you have any further details on it or an estimated timeline?
Yea, I've left Kodi forums now. Too much hostility there, kodi/android is dying, no one cares... A lot of people are going to get a big surprise when kodi v17 gets released and pushed into google play.

Shield is 'in progress', I just finished the right sized hole in the back of the media center so the Denon 3200w amp fits without smashing the cables. Shield is 'in-line' now :)
tredman

Post by tredman »

davilla wrote:
tredman wrote:@davilla I saw your post on the kodi forum about the shield (and unwittingly started all the crap from others, apologies!).

Yea, I've left Kodi forums now. Too much hostility there, kodi/android is dying, no one cares... A lot of people are going to get a big surprise when kodi v17 gets released and pushed into google play.

Shield is 'in progress', I just finished the right sized hole in the back of the media center so the Denon 3200w amp fits without smashing the
cables. Shield is 'in-line' now :)
That's good, I'm very much looking forward to it.

The attitude on kodi forums is a real shame, I've been on there for over 10 years now, but can't be bothered anymore. There's too much of a superiority complex, coupled with too many people with their heads in the sand over addons and people's perception of kodi.

Edit - I wonder if their solution to kodi and the addon situation with android is to actually let kodi on android to die?
davilla
Team MrMC

Post by davilla »

hehe, Kodi forums. Watch the number of users logged in, by name. not the guest. That number is getting smaller and smaller.
pmcdunnough

Post by pmcdunnough »

Just ordered a Shield to see what all the "fuss" is about, so having MrMC on it would be great:)
gpmc01

Post by gpmc01 »

My Shield is "hungry" for the MrMC app!
keepna

Post by keepna »

definitely Tizen,
but not sure it's even possible after reading this post here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid ... pid2309066

:(
davilla