1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Change Skip Time Increments

Please, only How to's in here. No questions or support, use appropriate subsection for that
sringgen

Change Skip Time Increments

Post by sringgen »

I am wondering if anyone knows how to change the time for skips. What I want is 30 second skips forward and 10 second skips back. The 10 second skips forward are a waste of time. If I want to skip through a commercial I have to hit it 5 times for every minute. This add up to 15 times for an average 3 minute commercial.

I have found 30 seconds forward and 10 seconds back is ideal. Can I ssh in and make changes somewhere? I don't see the option anywhere in the settings.

TIA
cosmoxl

Re: Change Skip Time Increments

Post by cosmoxl »

settings>video>playback>skip steps. but you have to be in settings level advanced or expert to see it.
sringgen

Post by sringgen »

I have already tried this and it doesn't work. Still 10 second skips. Maybe I should clarify that I am using an Apple TV 4. When I swipe to the right it is always 10 seconds no matter what I select in the skip steps menu.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

sringgen wrote:I have already tried this and it doesn't work. Still 10 second skips. Maybe I should clarify that I am using an Apple TV 4. When I swipe to the right it is always 10 seconds no matter what I select in the skip steps menu.
if you swipe twice, three times, four times quickly the interval increases. or if I'm using the siri remote I just tap the edges.
sringgen

Post by sringgen »

I am using the Siri remote. With the skip settings set to 30 seconds and -10 seconds, when I swipe twice it jumps ahead 1 minute. When I swipe once I get 10 seconds. This doesn't make sense to me because neither of these are 30 seconds. There doesn't appear to be any way to get 30 seconds using swipe twice or once.

Do you actually have an Apple TV 4 in front of you to test with? I also can tap on the right side and this brings up the menu on the bottom of the screen. All of my software is up to date. What settings are you using for the Siri remote?

If I have Match Apple tvOS selected and Disable swipe controls selected it is very difficult to accurately navigate the menus. I prefer to have Match Apple tvOS Standard turned off so that in the menu it only moves one item per swipe. (But I have tested with it on too)

Thanks
sringgen

Post by sringgen »

I was just playing around with settings. If I set skip forward and back to 10 and -10 then I get 30 seconds forward and 30 seconds back. Still not what I want. I want 30 seconds forward and 10 seconds back.

Something is buggy with the settings because it is never what I have it set to. FYI, I have 4 Apple TV 4's and they all act this same way.
sringgen

Post by sringgen »

I think I figured it out. The skip settings are inverted. With -30 and 10 settings I get 30 second skip forward and 10 second skip backwards.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

this is what I have setup now, and one click right goes +30 sec and one click left goes -10sec

sjamp7

Post by sjamp7 »

I do not see the skip settings as shown below. Could you pls advice on how to get there and actually setup forward capabilities?

Thank you
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

could you share with us what you so see please? this menu exists and nothing has changed in that regard

are you sure you are in "Expert" mode? bottom left of the menu