1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

dvblink live tv timeshift problem

Report any issues you might have in here
cosmoxl

dvblink live tv timeshift problem

Post by cosmoxl »

I was hoping you could look into something here. I've got the fire tv 4k version and the apple tv 4. Both are setup identically, except that the fire tv has the refresh rate change enabled. But, for this case it doesn't switch rate so it's no matter.

The problem is that as I watch live tv and use the timeshift capability of dvblink the fire tv works quite well but there seems to be some bugs in the way the apple tv behaves. Basically the apple tv can be very slow to begin playing the video again. I've waited as long as 20 seconds after a time jump before the video begins playing again.

So I made some logs from both machines. In the test I watched live TV for a minute or so, then jumped back, jumped forward, then fast forwarded to catch up to "now". Hopefully you'll see the problem. Thanks.

Fire TV log http://pastebin.com/esvnxRJ0
Apple TV log http://pastebin.com/QRv7LzzU
cosmoxl

Re: dvblink live tv timeshift problem

Post by cosmoxl »

:? It's been a while. I figured this deserved some kind of reply. No ideas?
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

sliped through, sorry

we will look into it, doesn't make sense that it behaves differently on 2 platforms :?:
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

@cosmoxl we have made some changes how recordings with ac3/eac3 are handled.. will be in next TF, soon :)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

amet wrote:@cosmoxl we have made some changes how recordings with ac3/eac3 are handled.. will be in next TF, soon :)
thanks for all your hard work. my problem was with live tv (not technically recordings) but you think it may fix this problem on the apple tv? :)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

we think it might, TF to come out soon... ish :)
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

hey guys. just got home and am trying out the testflight.

the timeshift long delay is NOT fixed for the apple tv, with either passthrough or internal decoder. sorry.
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

That's bad news :(

How fast is your upload? You think we can piggyback on your server to test and troubleshoot?
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

amet wrote:That's bad news :(

How fast is your upload? You think we can piggyback on your server to test and troubleshoot?
My upload bandwidth isn't enough for TV without transcoding but the software can transcode. I've just never tried it.

I'll look into it and get back to you.
cosmoxl

Post by cosmoxl »

necro post here but I wanted to post some good news. Something changed in the last couple of releases to where time shifting does actually work on the apple tv - no more crash. :)