1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

tvOS Testing 2.6.3 (160905.507)

Old TestFlight threads
davilla
Team MrMC

tvOS Testing 2.6.3 (160905.507)

Post by davilla »

Please use this ONLY if you have downloaded 2.6.3 (160905.507) , version number can be seen in TestFlight app

please avoid posting "I would love to test" posts, lets keep this for testing only.

- many bugfixes and cosmetics
- fixed, missing rar checks. fixes rar playback
- disable native ios/tvos as3 and eac3 on pvr, use ffmpeg
- disable screensaver if slideshow is playing, tvos/android
- fixed, android behavior when playing audio/video and pushed to background
- fix video playback from Home Shelf
- plex: in progress/recently added selector (Settings -> Library -> Vidoes - > Display In Progress items on home screen)
- plex: playback from HomeShelf, check if we have multiple resolutions for the movie and play selected one
- skin.amber: enable custom backgrounds for Movies/tv shows if only plex is enabled
- skin.amber: fix overlay for watched/unwatched status
- skin.amber: fix static vertical menu setting

changes since 2.6.3 (160903.458)
- upstream sync. fixed audio glitch when stream changes midflight
- fixed, only update plex clients if playback is stopped

changes since 2.6.3 (160903.1728)
- fixed stutter on tvOS when seeking.

changes since 2.6.3 (160912.1247) (release candidate)
- fixed, a/v syncing, c/p monster
- upstream sync, log failed texture loading
- changed, plex server. cancel curl transfers if thread stop is requested
- upstream sync, ae, passthrough, video renderer and dvdclock
cosmoxl

Re: tvOS Testing 2.6.3 (160902.404)

Post by cosmoxl »

Thanks guys. I got the test flight invite but am away on vacation right now.
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

plex: in progress/recently added selector (Settings -> Library -> Vidoes - > Display In Progress items on home screen)

After doing that, I lost all the Recently Added from the top shelf. Is there any way to have both Recentlt Added and in Progress?

Also something I did made all the Home Shelf Movies and TV Shows to disappear (in MrMC) for awhile but they came back sometime after I unchecked Display In Progress...

Those occasionally missing posters I reported last week all seem fixed. nice update! I look foward to more testing.

I'm using Amber, can you elaborate a bit on those custom backgrounds, in Plex? I've seen a place for that In MrMC but not Plex.
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

Oh and watched/unwatched looks great
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Itzme1234 wrote:
I'm using Amber, can you elaborate a bit on those custom backgrounds, in Plex? I've seen a place for that In MrMC but not Plex.
In Amber you can set custom backgrounds for different sections(tv,movie, tvshows...) , if you have internal database enabled then you were able to set backgrounds if only plex is enabled you couldn't.
Itzme1234

Re: tvOS Testing 2.6.3 (160903.458)

Post by Itzme1234 »

The update is having the same issues. In Plex the tvos top shelf is correctly showing a tv show I have as On Deck, in Mrmc the TVos is showing that same tv show as In Progress. And it's not displaying anything else at all in the top shelf. I should also see Recently Added content there.

Also the MrMC home shelf is empty in Movies and TVshows. Back in Settings MrMC Video uncheck Display in Progress,

Ok, now I just read the onscreen comment about checking that box. It seems my issues are as intended, hmmm. I guess I won't be checking that box. :D
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

Skins only have one line in homeshelf, it's pick and choose in the settings for now
Itzme1234

Post by Itzme1234 »

amet wrote:Skins only have one line in homeshelf, it's pick and choose in the settings for now
I get that, but how about the TVos top shelf? Can it give us everything? Then it's nice just to have recently added tv/episodes in the MrMC home shelf.
amet
Team MrMC

Re: tvOS Testing 2.6.3 (160903.1728)

Post by amet »

Top shelf uses the same content as home shelf.

We have tried to reinvent that wheel and settled on recently added OR in Progress ... I do understand that not everyone will be happy with this, but it's a step forward in finding a right solution... maybe adding another line of posters so we can display both? Downside is it will double the time to retrieve the content, for you that might work if you are on a fast pipe and library is not too big... for others it might not.

Not easy finding a solution that works for everyone :)
Itzme1234

Re: tvOS Testing 2.6.3 (160903.1728)

Post by Itzme1234 »

amet wrote:Top shelf uses the same content as home shelf.

We have tried to reinvent that wheel and settled on recently added OR in Progress ... I do understand that not everyone will be happy with this, but it's a step forward in finding a right solution... maybe adding another line of posters so we can display both? Downside is it will double the time to retrieve the content, for you that might work if you are on a fast pipe and library is not too big... for others it might not.

Not easy finding a solution that works for everyone :)
I see. I am noticing though that with In Progress checked, I correctly see a couple of videos in progress on the TVos top shelf (one is a movie and one is tv). But the MrMC homes shelves for movies and tv are blank. The whole shelf is missing. Is that intended or should the in progress videos be there as they are in TVos top shelf?