1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

What's In A Name?

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else
logan_x50

What's In A Name?

Post by logan_x50 »

But seriously guys, I was even a bit embarrassed telling the wife and kids that i'd replaced KODI (I thought that was a bad name) and they should now start "Mister MC". With due respect because I'm sure you thought long and hard about it and just my opinion and as the expression goes "...everyone has one" but it just sounds a bit clunky. Its also a bit strange "Mister Media Centre Media Centre". There was a huge thread sparked by the kodi name change, maybe you could dip into that for inspiration?
davilla
Team MrMC

Re: What's In A Name?

Post by davilla »

We did think hard with several objectives.

1) uncontested domain name.
2) uncontested trademark.
3) fits on a logo.
4) easy to say.

Then we tossed darts and came up with MrMC. For better or worse. :)
amet
Team MrMC

Post by amet »

There is no changing a name now :)

MrMC == Mr Media Center , its simple ... why "Mr" ? who cares... its short, easy to remember and gets you talking about how silly the name is :)

Kodi name change is different, it sparked the arguments as every person on forms thought they had the right to put their $0.02 in as its "open source" and if he/she contributed they felt their argument should be heard and accepted.

I dont see why such simple name, "Mr" would be embarrassing, to be fair I dint think Kodi was bad either... so maybe my view to it is not objective enough.
logan_x50

Post by logan_x50 »

I certainly don't want to upset you guys. As i said. just one opinion. i really hope the project succeeds. I personally can really appreciate the goal which is to keep it simple. make sure it just works and keep the complexity under the hood and away from the end user. As for the price i have 5 TVs all with MrMC (cough) running on FireTV/Sticks...so bargain!

By the way, if you need a Mascot here's some inspiration http://daddytypes.com/2009/01/15/mr_pri ... ensing.php
:D
Actually, this brings something to mind...Kodi forum is often way too serious in tone. a project like this should be fun for everyone i think and the posts from users and devs contribute in a big way to that.
timstephens24

Post by timstephens24 »

logan_x50 wrote:By the way, if you need a Mascot here's some inspiration http://daddytypes.com/2009/01/15/mr_pri ... ensing.php
:D
Actually, this brings something to mind...Kodi forum is often way too serious in tone. a project like this should be fun for everyone i think and the posts from users and devs contribute in a big way to that.
So draw a blob and put a face on it? Haha. And yeah the Kodi forum has some very serious people. There's good and bad for it, one you stay on topic, but you also seem to have more 'butthurtedness.'
DOOManiac

Post by DOOManiac »

It's a very dumb name, just like Kodi, Facebook, Snapchat, or Uber. :P