1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Existing SMB share access on all my FireTV's lost & only on my FireTV's

Any issues that are Android specific
ThisGuyYouKnow

Existing SMB share access on all my FireTV's lost & only on my FireTV's

Post by ThisGuyYouKnow »

All my FireTV devices lost access to my SMB Share recently. My other devices still have access.
I wiped all MrMC settings and clean app install.
I found that MrMC could not see my SMB share or any shares.
I enabled "Use libdsm for smb servers" and my share became visible.
When I try to add new Video source, I selected Browse > Windows network (SMB) > Select my share name and...

Error Login authorization failed with error code: 1 or sometimes -1984751464.

MrMC does NOT prompt for login credentials before attempting connection. Of course it's going to fail. It does not know my share user name and password.
Nothing I do allows me to input my username and password, using browse.
I've tried manually pointing to my SMB share, via "Add network location" with credentials but it fails.
I really just want to browse, click my smb share name, enter my credentials, and have it login & connect.
I even reset one of my FireTV's to factory. Reloaded all apps and settings. Tried MrMC setup once more and still same issue.
MrMC was working great for many years on my network, with this video share and now all my FireTV's can't connect.
It's been years since I last setup MrMC on my video share. I don't remember it being so difficult to set up.
Some help please.
ThisGuyYouKnow

Re: Existing SMB share access on all my FireTV's lost & only on my FireTV's

Post by ThisGuyYouKnow »

Also error code: 6

Just FYI
ThisGuyYouKnow

Re: Existing SMB share access on all my FireTV's lost & only on my FireTV's

Post by ThisGuyYouKnow »

Nevermind.. turns out it was my Asus router. It was providing access to network share in windows but not working for MrMC.

There were other issues on my network that led me to think it was my router. It was randomly dropping all remote access to configure the router via Asus app, via HTTP, etc. while maintaining internet access for all connected devices.

Asus support reported a recent global issue to all Asus network equipment that introduced bugs on customer routers.

Some resolved this issue with a simple power cycle, Others, like mine, required a full factory reset and saved settings reload. As soon as I finished factory reset & reload, voila! MMC no longer had trouble seeing my SMB network share.

MRMC sorry for looking at you first. I'm just glad the issue is resolved and I can use MrMC again. :)