1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

How to show new video files in library

Please, only How to's in here. No questions or support, use appropriate subsection for that
DaveWillow

How to show new video files in library

Post by DaveWillow »

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem that's driving me to despair. I have an icon on my home page that says 'Movies'. When clicked, I get a list of movies including the cover picture and description. I have added 3 video files to the folder that contains the other movies but how can I get the list to update?

Many thanks.
eazytv

Re: How to show new video files in library

Post by eazytv »

Swipe left and a menu will appear. Choose "Update Library" at the bottom and new files will be scraped.
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

Above relates to Apple TV. No idea on other devices. Another option: Go to settings, Video and there will be a menu item to "Update Library" as well.
DaveWillow

Post by DaveWillow »

Hi, firstly thank you for your kind help. The first option, swiping to the left didn't apply as I'm using MRMC on an Amazon smart TV, with the library on a NAS on my LAN. The second option, update library, well the only thing I can find in relation to this was an option in the library setup which was 'Update Library on Startup'. It was set to off. I turned this option to ON and restarted the app. It hung when displaying the first movies in the library for about 5 minutes but then came back to life. The 3 movies I added never showed! I'm at a loss guys.
eazytv

Post by eazytv »

OK, try this: Go to Settings, Media Sources, Video and there should be a menu item "Update Library".

If your new movies will not be scapred now it could be wrong naming convention, TheMoieDB.com currently unavailable or something similar.
DaveWillow

Post by DaveWillow »

Hi, eazytv. Many thanks for your help. OK, I do as specified but there was no 'update library' option. I see my NAS and 'Add Videos...' if I press the hamburger menu on the remote, I get:

Play, Add to Favourites, Edit Source, Remove Source, Choose Thumbnail, Set Content & Show Folder on Home

This is all I get.

Strange thing is, I chose to 'group videos' from the main setup, under Video and it now does this, like Iron Man 1, 2 & 3, etc. So it's seeing the library.

By the way, sorry for my ignorance but could you let me know what a Scraper is, besides the thing that removes ice from your windscreen. Thank you.