1. No user installed addons are supported, python or otherwise.
2. No, they really are not supported.
3. They are not coming back
4. Read from 1. again

Any mention of illegal streaming sites, addons or any pirated material will not be tolerated. This is not democracy and any offenders will be banned and posts deleted immediately without warning.

Other than that, we hope you enjoy MrMC so far and we welcome any input and feedback you might have.

Team MrMC.

Transcoding

Any issues that are FireTV specific
DrLove

Transcoding

Post by DrLove »

HI there,

I run Emby server in docker on top of debian. I noticed something that leads me to my next question. When I start a stream with mrMC - it doesn't show in the dashboard of emby. That really doesn't bother me but I wonder if it relates to my next question.

If my friends are all direct playing with MRMC - what will happen when that additional person joins and my server end bandwidth is capped. Will the server know to transcode down the stream for that additional user?

Thank you.

Edit - sorry . Ignore first part I was testing on my Iphone. but I'm curious about second part if everyone is able to direct play how it handles the additional user - would I just set the Emby server upload limit to my max limit and take care of it that way?
timstephens24

Re: Transcoding

Post by timstephens24 »

DrLove wrote: 03 Dec 2020, 21:20 would I just set the Emby server upload limit to my max limit and take care of it that way?
That's really the best way to do it, none of the other clients will know what is going on with other clients.
Apple TV 4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9
Apple TV4K / NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019) -> Nakamichi 7.2.4 -> LG OLED77CX
Channels DVR w/ 2x HDHomeRun Prime
Patiently Testing all the things // Multiple other devices
DrLove

Post by DrLove »

Hi there,

Just coming back to this. The default Emby Fire TV app knows automatically when to transcode - including when user has low bandwidth.

Will MrMC be able to handle this? I'm assuming MrMC will be able to play every video/audio codec - but what happens when a user has low bandwidth and they can't direct play for that reason? Will they buffer?

Thank you!
DrLove

Post by DrLove »

@amet ?